lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2022, 09:45 AM   #1
NJrodog
Not Yet Wild

Default ‘05 CC Villager 6 FE350 Boggs when accelerating

2005 Club Car Villager 6 with an FE350. Symptoms: I get her started and she will idol fine. Sometimes I will drive with no problems. Then I step on the accelerator and it just Boggs. Won’t move, though it doesn’t stall. Just no power. When I say sometime, I mean I’ve only driven it a few times without the power issue. The second time was when I replaced the spark plug.

I replaced the car carburetor and even took it off to make sure it was clean and no signs of anything detrimental. Fuel pump was also replaced. I disconnected the air box hose and nothing changed. I think I have the air fuel adjusted correctly but not sure. It is running rich as the plug gets black. I replaced the plug and it seemed to solve the issue. (I was able to drive is for a while without issues) Until the plug got fouled again and same issue. I removed the exhaust to make sure it wasn’t clogged and although there were little pieces of rust coming out, I didn’t see or hear anything that would indicate that it was clogged. I opened the fuel cap and still seemed to run bad.
Bottom line is it’s running rich. Could this be causing the acceleration issues and how to I fix it? I don’t know anything about the rev limiter. Could this be the issue?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
NJrodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2022, 01:24 PM   #2
NJrodog
Not Yet Wild

Red face Re: ‘05 CC Villager 6 FE350 Boggs when accelerating

58 views and not one reply? I guess I stumped the field! Well I dropped her off at the repair shop since doing it myself was not working. He seems to believe it is the carburetor. I will update when I find out. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:56 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: ‘05 CC Villager 6 FE350 Boggs when accelerating

My general approach to strange running conditions or intermittent stumbles is to change the air filter, spark plug, and fuel filters first. Ensure correct fuel delivery to the carb by making sure the fuel hoses are not degraded, and the pump is supplying a continuous fuel pulse when the engine is cranking. Check in the filters for an evidence of water, and if there is water in the tank either empty it or pour some HEET in to remove it.

Make adjustments to the carb if necessary, but quite often it just needs to be thoroughly disassembled and cleaned. New Cheapo carbs can cause more problems than they fix, so be wary of any carb that was $20 made in China for sale in the jungle store.

Sometimes a failing rev limiter will cause symptoms very similar to what you describe as well. Seems like maybe it’s running out of fuel, but in reality it’s just getting inconsistent or weak spark. Disconnecting the rev limiter will rule that out, and if the problems persist then replacing the ignition coil may be necessary. That gets saved for last because it’s the hardest to change and the most expensive.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:24 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’d suspect a weak ignition coil not sparking “enough”. I didn’t even see this post before

Let us know what the shop says, all we can do now is speculate
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 10:20 AM   #5
NJrodog
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. The ignition coil was the winner! Runs great now. I saw a good YouTube vid on replacing it. The guy unbolted the motor and moved it out a little to have more room to work and it all went well.

The shop was very helpful but they were stumped at first as well. They replaced the carb (OEM $$$) and fuel pump and it was still acting up. They put the original carb back on. They suggested the ignition coil after consulting with Club Car.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car