lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2022, 07:27 PM   #1
zonearc
Not Yet Wild

Default 2022 New Cart - Struggling to Start when pressing the gas

Just received my new cart. 2022 Club Car Onward, Gas, 6 seater. It was delivered since we live 2 hrs from the closest Club Car dealer a week ago.

When I press the gas, about 50% of the time it jumps to over 1000rpms, then backfires, and then continues going. The other 50% of the time, when you press the gas it goes to ~600 rpms, drops to 300, dies, then tries to go again, and maybe about 5-8 seconds in, finally goes. Other times I have to pump the pedal.

Also, often when I'm going at say 20mph and i let off the pedal for a moment to slow down and then hit the pedal again ... it doesn't register the throttle chain (it lags) for anywhere from 2-4 seconds.

Since this is EFI ... what could be doing this on a brand new cart with ~10 miles on it?

Thank you for any advice you may have.
zonearc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2022, 07:47 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2022 New Cart - Struggling to Start when pressing the gas

Too many possibilities to list - most of them fairly expensive. 2 hours or not, I'd get it back to the dealer.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:50 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Take it back where you got it from. That’s what a warranty is for.

If you start to try and fix it yourself they can void your warranty due to “unapproved repairs” or call it damage/abuse. Best not to touch it either take it to the dealer or some dealers make service calls
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:09 PM   #4
zonearc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

Take it back where you got it from. That’s what a warranty is for.

If you start to try and fix it yourself they can void your warranty due to “unapproved repairs” or call it damage/abuse. Best not to touch it either take it to the dealer or some dealers make service calls
Not excited for missing work so I can spend 5 hrs one day dropping it off and then another day to pick it up.
zonearc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:18 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonearc View Post
Not excited for missing work so I can spend 5 hrs one day dropping it off and then another day to pick it up.
Understand completely but don’t really have much other option unless they make house calls.
Old 04-09-2022, 12:52 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I would be putting on my lawyers hat and making some phone calls. If this has been happening right from the start, it is the dealers / club car's responsibility. You should not have to ship it back to them. I would consider the product supplied unfit for purpose. I assume you have similar laws where you are!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 03:07 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I would be putting on my lawyers hat and making some phone calls. If this has been happening right from the start, it is the dealers / club car's responsibility. You should not have to ship it back to them. I would consider the product supplied unfit for purpose. I assume you have similar laws where you are!
We have a consumer protection act (lemon law) but every state is different. However, most states require you to transport said vehicle to the dealer for so many attempts at repair before you can do anything. States vary on the details of how many repair attempts, how much time in the shop, etc. either way it needs to get to a dealer before anything can happen.

You could try and call club car corporate and they may be able to assist in transportation or other arrangements but that’s up to them.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:16 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Fair enough. One would think if a product was delivered faulty, you would have a solid case! Obviously not so in the states. Why should the consumer be responsible for extra cost etc when a product is faulty on delivery?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car