lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
larry.a
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help speed up my EZGO Shuttle…

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
You've made that quite clear.

Do you or don't you have the J2 connector port on the controller?
There is a J2 connector port on the controller, but as you can see per the above attached image the Speed Sensor Harness plugs into it and it will not accept the Freedom type plug.
larry.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #12
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

OK, I believe that the Curtis 1264-54xx controller is a programmable controller. As long as you have the Curtis programmer.

Good luck!
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
larry.a
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks you guys for replying to my thread..........Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Do you have any pedal up braking power or does it just coast when you let off the throttle? If you have no pedal up braking, the speed setting is already maxed out on the controller.
In reviewing the specs, the Shuttle 6 and the ST Express appear to be the same basic vehicle with PDS, 400 amp controllers and 14.7 rear gears.
The Shuttle 6 comes with 18" tires on 8" wheels and the ST Express comes with 23" tires on 12" wheels.
Speeds posted are 13mph with the 18" tires and 17mph with the 23" tires.
A rear gear change from 14.7 to 12.4 will give you 2-3 mph max.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
larry.a
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Do you have any pedal up braking power or does it just coast when you let off the throttle? If you have no pedal up braking, the speed setting is already maxed out on the controller.
In reviewing the specs, the Shuttle 6 and the ST Express appear to be the same basic vehicle with PDS, 400 amp controllers and 14.7 rear gears.
The Shuttle 6 comes with 18" tires on 8" wheels and the ST Express comes with 23" tires on 12" wheels.
Speeds posted are 13mph with the 18" tires and 17mph with the 23" tires.
A rear gear change from 14.7 to 12.4 will give you 2-3 mph max.
Thanks for the reply.......I do have pedal up braking.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #16
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Your J2 plug does not look like the J2 plug on the standard EZGO controllers, so a freedom plug does not look like it would work.
The owners manual for your cart does not list any performance options other than mild pedal up braking with a regulated speed.
Because the 48v system is relatively new to EZGO, I doubt your dealer will know much about it and it is not documented anywhere I can find. Have you asked them about it?
Have you contacted Curtis to see what can be done to eliminate the pedal up braking and get full amperage out of this controller?
As pggroves said, I'm guessing you may need a Curtis programmer to get around this problem.
One other caution here: If you eliminate all of your pedal up braking to get more speed, you may experience braking problems with a load on the cart.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #17
larry.a
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Your J2 plug does not look like the J2 plug on the standard EZGO controllers, so a freedom plug does not look like it would work.
The owners manual for your cart does not list any performance options other than mild pedal up braking with a regulated speed.
Because the 48v system is relatively new to EZGO, I doubt your dealer will know much about it and it is not documented anywhere I can find. Have you asked them about it?
Have you contacted Curtis to see what can be done to eliminate the pedal up braking and get full amperage out of this controller?
As pggroves said, I'm guessing you may need a Curtis programmer to get around this problem.
One other caution here: If you eliminate all of your pedal up braking to get more speed, you may experience braking problems with a load on the cart.
Thanks dougmcp for your help. Your right the local EZGO dealer didn't know much and I don't want to eliminate the pedal up braking.

At this point I think changing the gear is the best solution without breaking the bank. What do you think about 8:1 gear, is that to low for this cart?
Old 12-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
pansser
ZONE FREE ZONE

E-Z-GO

FROM ONE OF OUR SPONSORS:
ebay # 350258521632
pansser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #19
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry.a View Post
What do you think about 8:1 gear, is that to low for this cart?
I'm only guessing here but to go from a 14:1 gear to an 8:1 gear is about double and I highly doubt that a cart that big with big tires will take it without a serious torque loss and a probable over amperage/overheat/shutdown situation for your controller.
I would bet that the 12:1 is about as much as you could go without chaging the controller to a 700 amp +/-.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #20
larry.a
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm only guessing here but to go from a 14:1 gear to an 8:1 gear is about double and I highly doubt that a cart that big with big tires will take it without a serious torque loss and a probable over amperage/overheat/shutdown situation for your controller.
I would bet that the 12:1 is about as much as you could go without chaging the controller to a 700 amp +/-.
Thank you for your time and imput, I think I will go with 12.4:1 stock EZGO gear and see what happins..........Merry Christmas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO