lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
DEWDIGGLER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 marathon jakes lifted

NOT TO CHANGE THE SUJECT, how much for 82 gotee man?
were at in minn. (i live in iowa and looking for a new project)

THANKS, Dew
DEWDIGGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #12
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

pm sent
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

i swapped my springs from my 85 with my dads 91,his were 2" shorter.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #14
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I cut the front axle square, very close to the spindle brackets, then welded 4" riser blocks to the bottom of the axle. I then welded the spindle brackets to the sides of the riser blocks to get 4" of lift. You can see the right-side block in the picture. By cutting the spindle brackets square, and rewelding them to a square surface, I maintained the proper camber. I am running 23" Carlisle 489's on the front and 22" Carlisle 489's on the back and I have plenty of clearance, even with the stock leaf springs(17"). The fronts are only 7" wide on zero offset rims, but even if I was running 11" wide with offset rims like the rear, I think I'd have good clearance.
The cart is still in progress.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #15
robbydiesl
Not Yet Wild

hey guys, i just had a chance to catch up online. the springs that i ordered were for a 88 and earlier marathon. stock lenghth on a REGULAR duty set is 19" on those years. now, i ordered the HEAVY duty set and they measured exaxctly 18 3/8" long. some websites had this posted correctly but others did not, so i wasnt sure about the actual lenghth until they arrived. i will tell you honestly that i am very happy that they were not any longer! any longer and it would look funny to me. i just wanted the front gap behind tires to match rear gap in front of tires, and it does. i will tell you that i measured the turning radius before and after and i only lost 1/2" on each side. my steering wheel was crooked from factory and when i got done it was almost straight. one simple adjustment to the drag link made it perfectly straight. it also turns the same length right or left.

i will tell you the jakes axle is great, but it does require a few modifications on this model. the steering riser uses too small of bolts 3/8" so i went up a size to 7/16" and it made it very tight , no play. next the jakes riser mounts the drag link on top. when i tried this, it totally binded and had no upward travel. so i drilled the bevel out slightly and mounted it under the riser with the balljoint threads facing up. it was perfectly level! now it has travel both ways. i have no binding of any kind at any angle. i have more clearance than ever.

next i drilled the bevels on the spindle slightly so i colud mount the center link on top instead of under like they are factory. it looked crazy hanging under the bottom when you had a raised axle for clearance. this worked pefect and now it is hidden behind the axle. i also filed the tow pin off the center link smooth and painted it so it looks stock just no cross pin.

the last mod to the jakes kit is the rear shock extensions. they are 4" long just like the coil spring spacers. this caused a problem with bottoming the shocks out. they should have been 3" due to the angle of the swingarm once you install the coil spacers. now with spacers shortened to 3" long shocks will not bottom out.

one simple mod was the front shocks. i had to use a 2" set of extensions from auto zone and they worked perfect. only $6 and they just screw on the shock stud.

i used everything carts for most of my parts and the springs were only 29.00 each with free shipping at 100.00 or more.
i used 3r cart parts for the jakes and they have GREAT pricing on jakes.
both are site vendors and offer site discounts. very good people.
robbydiesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #16
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

My cart is an 85 it has the longer springs.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #17
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

So just so this guy here understands, I shoudl be able to take the springs out of my 1982 and put them in the 1990 and I should get 2 more inches of wheelbase correct?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
robbydiesl
Not Yet Wild

Yes that is correct.
robbydiesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #19
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbydiesl View Post
Yes that is correct.
Cool, I will try that tonight and let you know what I find.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Try this for rear shocks with a lift-kit: Monroe 32207.bolts on,small-body gas shock,same as original but works with 3"-6" lift.Ride is great.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO