lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #11
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: How to speed up 2008 EZGO TXT gas cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by derceg View Post
I just bought a couple of 2008 EZGO TXT gas carts. They seem alot slower than my pds cart with speed chip. What can I do to speed up these carts.
Best way is lift kit and taller tires.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
brodave12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ditto, Stovebolt.

brodave12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coiler1975 View Post
How can I get a ez go rvx gas to do 35 mph. Im going to use it for paper that I have.
If You have the Kawasaki Engine, there isn't a lot You can do that's going to be cost-effective to get there, although You CAN get 28mph all day with a good set of clutches and 23" tires - a set of TEAM clutches and belt will set You back $500 (unless You wait for the 20% off sales that EZGO runs every couple of months), You'll need a clutch puller for both clutches on the RXV (add $45) - the only other option at that point if You're sticking with the factory drivetrain would be a set of high-speed gears in the rear end ($300), that should actually get You to your 35mph but will cost You some torque and takeoff speed (not so bad though if used in conjunction with the TEAM clutches, I would assume) ... Figure around $750 or so for the lift and rims/tires, and Your project should come in at right around $1600-1700 all told.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO