lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New batteries and now no power

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRantz View Post
testing at the pins on the plugs:

for the run/tow switch when in run I get 2-3ohms across P3&P4 and 15-17ohms across P1&P2 but when in tow I dont get anything across either switch.

for the pedal switch I get when not pressed its gives 0.L Mohms (which is what no change fromm when the ohm meter is not connected to anything) and then when the pedal is depressed it reads 000.0 ohms, so the ohm meter recognizes a change but the reading is basicall the same.

for the key switch I get the same thing. When off its 0.L Mohms but when on its between 000.0-000.1 ohms

for the F&R switches, when selected, they get the same readings as well but go to as much as 000.3ohms
Sorry, got called away from the keyboard.

O.L means "Over Load" or off scale. In other words "Open"
A low OHM reading (in the case of these switches, under 10 Ohms) means contacts are closed or "Shorted"

Key Switch = ON = J1-P8 to J1-P9 Shorted
F/R Switch = R = J1-P1 to J1-P2 Shorted
F/R Switch = F = J1-P1 to J1-P3 Shorted
Run/Tow Switch = Run = J3-P1 to J3-P2 Shorted AND J3-P3 to J3-P4 Shorted
Pedal Switch = Pedal pressed = J4-P1 to J4-P2 Shorted

If the above switches are not in position listed, there should be an open between the stated pins.

From the readings you give, it looks like the switches are good, the Solenoid coil has continuity and all the voltages are present.
Basically the controller is being told to activate the solenoid and it isn't doing it, so the controller is bad.

Personally, I go with a 400A (or larger) aftermarket controller and matching Solenoid.

Just about all of the site sponsors have them, but Scottyb has some Controller/Solenoid kits made up for PDS carts that many have used.
Check his package deals. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/

Give him a e-mail or a call and discuss your needs.

John
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #22
JRantz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks for all your help.. I am lost when it come to the electrical stuff... I have been wanting to upgrade the controller anyway and atleast now my wife has no choice but to let me.

Thanks again
Jamison
JRantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRantz View Post
...................and at least now my wife has no choice but to let me....................
Famous last words.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hear that...
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #25
safetyguy202
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am new to the site. I have a 05 ez go txt, stock "for now". i am having the same issue. i will verify the correct hook up of the batteries. on the cart, i have two wires that connect to the + lead of the battery one which is fused. And only one wire to the - side of the battery. Does this seem correct?
safetyguy202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetyguy202 View Post
I am new to the site. I have a 05 ez go txt, stock "for now". i am having the same issue. i will verify the correct hook up of the batteries. on the cart, i have two wires that connect to the + lead of the battery one which is fused. And only one wire to the - side of the battery. Does this seem correct?
Welcome to BGW!

No, it is not correct. Here's a picture of what it should look like. I took this before replacing all my high current cables with 2Ga.

The Positive terminal on the Right-Front battery should have a heavy cable going to Battery side main terminal on solenoid and a smaller white wire that connect to the charger receptacle via a fuse. (Backside of charger receptacle can bee seen in upper right of picture)

The Negative terminal on the Right-Rear battery should also have two wires connected to it. A heavy cable going to the B- terminal on the controller and a smaller black wire that connects to the charger receptacle.

This is a pretty old thread, so if you are having problems you want some help troubleshooting, it would probably be best to start a new one.

Please include whether it is a PDS or Series cart?
What the battery pack voltage is?
And if the solenoid clicks?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before replacing cables 1200x800.jpg (129.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO