lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v conversion...couple ?'s please

Just a quick note, I did this. Took mine from 36 to 48 and use it solely for golf. I drive to to the course (1 mile) can get in 36 and drive it hole and still have about 49 volts, sometimes she dips to 48.6. I've been lucky I guess cause I read the same things you did about run time problems

I also have a speed control and HD FnR switch and stuff from ScottyB and a plum quick assassin. Do yourself a favor and get a digital voltmeter from Scotty to monitor your pack voltage, worth every penny.

Lots of great folks here with a ton of knowledge. Don't hesitate to reach out if you hit a rough patch.

Good luck.
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post
............... I drive to to the course (1 mile) can get in 36 and drive it hole and still have about 49 volts, sometimes she dips to 48.6...............
I'm not a golfer, so I really don't know how many miles are covered in 36 holes, but I've read a typical 18 hole round is about 6 miles, so are you dropping a 6x8V 170AH (T-875) battery pack down to about 60% SoC on a 14 mile round trip?

If possible, could you stash a GPS somewhere in your cart and get an odometer reading as well as a voltage reading after 18 and/or 36 holes?
(Let the batteries rest for about 15 minutes after getting home, to get an accurate SoC reading)

BTW - Great looking cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I'm not a golfer, so I really don't know how many miles are covered in 36 holes, but I've read a typical 18 hole round is about 6 miles, so are you dropping a 6x8V 170AH (T-875) battery pack down to about 60% SoC on a 14 mile round trip?

If possible, could you stash a GPS somewhere in your cart and get an odometer reading as well as a voltage reading after 18 and/or 36 holes?
(Let the batteries rest for about 15 minutes after getting home, to get an accurate SoC reading)

BTW - Great looking cart.
I'll do what I can, but it's going to be a little while....doing a bedroom remodel and my garage is filled with furniture that has my cart pinned in.

seems like someone on here did a study just like what you are talking about and had a numbers chart to go along with it....
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO