lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
luckyc1423
Not Yet Wild

Default Marine cd player and stereo help

I am going to be putting in a cd player and stereo into my cart. I dont mind spending money on a high end system.

Here is what I want:

1) I only want to instal two speakers. they will be going in the dash and need to be around 6-6.5"
2) I do not want to install a amp because I dont want to have to worry about battery issues and im not installing a battery just for the cd player/stereo.

I have looked and looked. Research says I should ignore peak wattage and focus on RMS wattage. Like I mentioned I dont mind spending the money on a nice system. I found out that JL mx650 speakers would probably be the best option for me.

The problem is, they are rated up to 60 RMS. The best cd player I have found is rated at 23 RMS. So I would be wasting almost 40 RMS. Is there any cd players that put out more RMS than 23?

the best RMS cd player I have found is the kenwood kmr-350U. is there something better that points out more RMS. I dont want a amp and it needs to be single din.
luckyc1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marine cd player and stereo help

I have a sony in mine. Sony CDX-M10 CD/MP3 Marine Receiver With Front AUX

Its pretty loud in my opinion and it plays clear with little to no distortion cranked up just on the radio. And it has the Aux jack so I can play my ipod or driod through it.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Have a look at Fusion electronics 200, 600, or 700 series Marine head units. Once you get into the 700 series you are going to drop some coin.

Your research is correct, RMS is the continuous output of the head unit/amp. Peak power is what it will burst to when needed, so although RMS is more accurate, peak power does matter as well as the amp it able to output this when necessary.

As for speakers you are on the right track. JL, Infinity Kappa, and Focal are all high end and excellent sounding speakers.

Hope this helps.
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

not sure about a marine radio doing this but i know a car audio pioneer radio you can take the rear channels and bridge them and it will put out double rms let me look in my book to see how many u get. it really bumps up the wattage so you can run a sub off the radio without a amp. its actually designed to do that.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...nual111111.pdf

thats just a generic 2012 pioneer radio with bluetooth.

looks like you get 70 watts rms by doing that. page 14. of that manual

not sure if i can post links? but ops. please remove if not!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
luckyc1423
Not Yet Wild

I only see 14 watts RMS in that manual
Old 08-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
luckyc1423
Not Yet Wild

Ok after long hours of research I finally purchased my system. Keep in mind I didnt want to use a amp so I was looking for the loudest system without using a amp.

could only be single din cd player

I want with the Kenwood KMR-350U. I researched and I researched and this CD player puts out more RMS than any cd player I could find. It puts out 23 watts RMS.

I then researched and researched speakers. I didnt want to spend a ton of money on speakers if i wasnt going to get extra nice sound out of them. I was ok with spending the money but didnt want to spend the money and not actually utilize the speaker.

Well after the research i found that the sensitivity rating is the most important when you are only using a head unit with no amp. The higher the sensitivity rating the better. What this means, if you have a high sensitivity rating, that the speaker needs less wattage pushed to it for a certain volume of sound. So, since I am limited on wattage with no amp, I needed the speaker with the best sensitivity rating.

I looked at every possible speaker combination. I found that the co axial infitinity speakers had a higher sensitivity rating than any speaker I looked at even better than the jl's. so i went with the infinity speakers. 6.5", 2 of them.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
wyatt3d
Not Yet Wild

Amazon.com: Pyle PLMRKT2A 2 Channel Waterproof MP3/iPod Amplified 6.5'' Marine Speaker System: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Pyle PLMRKT2A 2 Channel Waterproof MP3/iPod Amplified 6.5'' Marine Speaker System: Car Electronics

I bought this amp yesterday and a couple of Boss 5.25" marine speakers. They have 2.25 mounting depth as opposed to the 2.5 so I wanted the extra room just in case. still came in around $80 shipped.

I saw a guy had this set up and I liked it alot. set his iphone in a cup holder and plugged into the amp, plus the remote volume control is nice.
wyatt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea the pioneer is rated different. But when the rear channel is bridge u get 70 watts and u have to put the radio in subwoofer mode.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyc1423 View Post
i went with the infinity speakers. 6.5", 2 of them.
Which ones did you get? I bought:

Infinity Reference 6022i
6-½” 2 Way Speakers
2.65 Ohms
60 Watt RMS, 180 Watt Peak

The 2.65 ohms pulls more power from the amp than 4 ohms.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO