lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #11
mowin
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: slow speed cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
you have a PDS cart? tow/run switch on the controller
No tow/run switch..I have touched the wires/motors and anything i can reach after runnin the cart, and so far so good, no excess heat....Hope i didnt just jinx myself
mowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowin View Post
No tow/run switch..I have touched the wires/motors and anything i can reach after runnin the cart, and so far so good, no excess heat....Hope i didnt just jinx myself
this is what i thought, you have a series cart, moterhead has a PDS cart, the PDS will heat up at low speeds, the series cart will not, so what your are telling moterhead, that you have no problem with heat, does not have anything to do with the PDS cart he owns, PDS and a series cart are two different carts, this is why they are better for the wood and running at low speed
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Series carts are awesome...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #14
moterhead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like I made a poor choice of golf carts (for my needs). Since i'm stuck with it for now, do you guys have any recommendations? What are my limitations?
moterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
mowin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
this is what i thought, you have a series cart, moterhead has a PDS cart, the PDS will heat up at low speeds, the series cart will not, so what your are telling moterhead, that you have no problem with heat, does not have anything to do with the PDS cart he owns, PDS and a series cart are two different carts, this is why they are better for the wood and running at low speed
Learn something new every day.
mowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
moterhead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Would it be possible to change the rear gears to a lower gear to slow the cart speed down and still run the cart wide open, thus not overheating anything? Just a thought. thanks
moterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My dealer told me of the same issue. Drive full throttle, or risk overheating the controller. Not acceptable to me.

If lack of airflow is the real issue, why not add a fan to the controller to blow air across the heatsink, and across the resistor?

I will be adding a muffin fan to my cart shortly. These are cheap, and use very low power. You can buy them at Radio Shack, or online for a discount. I bought a bunch of them a while back for $3 each.

I've used them in my attic (120 degrees), and had them running over a year during daylight hours. These helped cool the attic, and were solar powered. They lasted through that abuse, so should do well on a cart.

These are 92mm (3.6" fans). Rated at 1/3 of an Amp at 12V.
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO