lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #21
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: out of options.....What Now!!

Getting 10.5 volts when cranking is about right depending on where you are measuring, however I note from the picture that you are using a lawn mower battery. It would help your starting to install a small auto battery and it doesn't matter which one as long as it physically fits and the terminals are correct. I simply measured my battery box and bought the largest CCA battery I could. Now it cranks like a demon and starts on the first revolution.
The air pipe is not right and you can change the angle by removing the air filter and canister and then adjusting the rotation on the elbow until it aligns better. Of course as you say a K&N will also fix it but I think you need to address these issues before looking further.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I agree on the battery,I think the last one I bought was a Group-24 Top-Post.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah I will pick up a new battery this week. The new solenoid and filter will be here later on in the week.
While I had it in the air and running I checked the battery terminals with a meter and I was getting in the high 14 volt readings, so the starter/gen is charging. Feel like im getting close to getting this thing right! Lots of aggravation and $$$ lets hope so. I wasnt even looking for or never thought of owning a golf cart when I ran across this cursed thing....lol.
My OCD doesnt make matters any worse I will keep posting
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #24
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
I agree on the battery,I think the last one I bought was a Group-24 Top-Post.
Thats the group size that is in my 79 marathon. Its the biggest physically that will fit in mine.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I managed to swing by wal mart and get a size 24FN battery 750 cca. It should have enough to crank it lol. I had to take the airbox and bracket out to get it to fit. Now just waiting on more parts, gonna do some paint in the engine bay and other odds and ends while I wait.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I got the battery in and now when I start it still a hesitation, and also now there is a high pitched whistling sound..Its not the belt slipping. I checked for that. I also put a new solenoid on it. It starts now but with the new automotive battery there is not much difference than the mower battery at all. As far as how fast the starter is spinning.
When starting, I turn the key on press the pedal there's a 3 to 5 sec delay, then a whistle sound, I get a chug-chug then it turns over. After it gets warm, I only get the delay then it turns over and fires up.
Sorry if its hard to follow but im trying to be as detailed as possible. Any ideas?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #27
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

My Wifes' G16 would make that same sound,it was the starter-pulley spinning in the belt,instead of the belt slipping on the clutch-pulley.It was also more frequent on cold-starts.The belt was old,hard and split.Adjusting it didn't help.I put a new belt on,works great now.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #28
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah I checked both pullys not slipping, and its a brand new belt. I was hoping it was slipping. On the bright side its running the best it has since ive owned it. its been about 6 months of working on it so now im gonna Drive it like I stole it. I think maybe my expectations are a little to high for a 88 model 9hp cart. Thanks for all of you guys help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO