lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
BadApple
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Exhaust- Muffler- Issue

Does the cart have the 3PG 2 stroke engine?
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Nice quiet 4 stroke. I shipped this one to Kauai instead of one of my Yamaha G-16 carts because it is so nice and quiet. I had 4 to pick from and this was the quietest. With the big mud tires on it and pushing the power envelope it is now noisier than it was but that's life and its too late to change it now. I do wish I had the extra couple of horses when I go up the driveway and that is what I'm trying to find little by little.
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Lavorn,the tailpipe will restrict power,since it causes the backpressure .The muffler is quite large,the outlet is very small.Its' very easy to figure out that the larger the outlet,the more power it will have.I'm not sure on the 4-strokes,but on the 2pg 2-strokes it makes a big difference.As I stated before,We had one that rotted out around the weld,so when it broke,it left a hole about twice the original-size.It made quite a bit more power.Granted its' still a 8-9hp motor,but they are quite powerful when setup right.The 3pg actually uses a larger muffler,so i'm sure its' more restrictive yet.Hope this clears it up a bit.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO