lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default anyone into hot rodding ezgo

The stock 295 in my 95 medalist is boring and anyone can drop cash for a big block....I was thinking about something different like fast freds blower kit. I have searched high and low but there are none left. Without an engine mounted unit there are many problems like: blow through carb, or too long intake piping, or fuel pooling in a supercharger. I am thinking of a eh35 as my mule motor. Next I was thinking of fuel injection to keep the intake a dry system. So my quest starts here. Anyone ever mess with fuel injection from the likes of megasquirt? Has anyone messed with forced induction after freds passing? Anyone have any thoughts?
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: anyone into hot rodding ezgo

Built the megasquirt controller from a kit and set it up and ran it on a SCCA GT3 240SX. Worked fine and they have more refinements since I did that one. The learning curve is pretty verticle on it though.
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Was that back when you had to do your own assembly of the board? And was that on a naturally aspirated engine?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyhooper View Post
Was that back when you had to do your own assembly of the board? And was that on a naturally aspirated engine?
Yes and Yes.

It is a very flexible and adjustable system. The trouble was you have to adjust everything Browsing the forums in the last 1/2 year or so it looks like things are easier now with the various autotune programs available.
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

They have seemed to grow alot in the last few years. I saw another manufacturer that has kits for single or two cylinder engines that includes ecm, harness, throttle body, pump and sensors, it has a 2.5 bar map sensor that I think could be used with a supercharger.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

This thread could be interesting.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO