lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
sugar dunkerton
Not Yet Wild

Default starter solenoid fuse keeps blowing

Hello all, first post. My project is an EZ-GO Workhorse ST350 with the Robin EH35C engine. It was sitting for a few years, and barely ran when I picked it up. Then it quit running altogether.

So far, I have set the valve lash and replaced the carb and fuel pump (with a bit of success then quit running again). After noticing weak spark I replaced the stock ignition coil with a new one for a 1990 Buick Century 4cyl, and new plugs.

It fired right up and sounded great. Then, after a few minutes of driving around, it quit again. I found that the inline fuse for the sarter solenoid circuit was blown.

The best I can figure, this circuit goes from the positive solenoid post, to a 2A slow-blow inline fuse (that keeps blowing), to a microswitch on the accelerator pedal, to the key switch, then back to the solenoid.

Im not sure if this is related to the coil problem but I'm suspicious that it is. I'm not a mechanic, just a hobbyist. Please help!!!
sugar dunkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: starter solenoid fuse keeps blowing

WElcome to BGW It seems a 2 amp fuse is way to light and may have been replaced in the past I may be wrong but I would try a 10 amp and go from there. Are there any other lights and such connected to the circuit ? Good luck and post your results.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
sugar dunkerton
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: starter solenoid fuse keeps blowing

I replaced the 2A fuse with a 10A and everything seems to be working great. The circuit wiring in question is a 16 gauge wire so 10A is perfect (in retrospect, I should have been able to figure that out).

This is a tired old workhorse but now runs reliably. Thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll be lurking and probably be back when I have to do a full HEI mod.
sugar dunkerton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, solenoid, starter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO