lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
dcerny
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 EZGO Clutch Throw the Weights Out

My 2 Stroke EZGO has the governor adjusted to speed it up to an acceptable cruising speed and now the weights in the clutch fly out. This is a Comet clutch (94 C?) I want to know if I can re-spring this clutch to keep the weights intact. I know I could just turn it back down, but what's the fun in that? I appreciate the help.
dcerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1984 EZGO Clutch Throw the Weights Out

My 94c did the same thing until I modified it. It hasn't done it since.
I took a hand file and filed these two spots about 1/16", essentially shortening the main shaft. This shortens the maximum distance between the cover and the moveable sheave at full engagement. They sell different spacers for different belts, but mine was already set up for 1-3/16"

1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
dcerny
Not Yet Wild

I certainly appreciate the advice. Can you please explain the theory behind possibly changing belt size?

Thank you very much!
dcerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

You don't want to change belt size. Your cart primary and secondary clutches are made for a certain size belt. The 94c is made for many different applications, and can be adjusted for different belt sizes.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO