lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #21
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

I have procured a dpi accusense charger and what to bypass my obc on 2004 DS in order to use it. I tried following the directions and diagram above but I can't tell which one of my wires to cut. Can anyone help a brother out?

Also my batteries are power drive plus 8v. Can I gets guidance on what setting to place the charger on?

Fishinbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #22
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: DPI Accusense charger and OBC bypass procedure

Neg out of cart receptacle directly to #6 battery 48v-.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #23
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

Ok. Thanks epb. I disconnected the black wire from the back of the charger receptacle (the one that goes to the OBC) and then ran one from that terminal on the receptacle and ran it to the #6 battery terminal. I have hooked up the battery charger and ran through the first three modes and it let each of them go through the pre-qualification stage for up to 10 min each. None of them have began charging. Does anyone know which mode I should have it set to for PD plus batteries? The manual says average of 45 secs to go through pre-qual stage. How long should I expect? The battery pack is currently at 49.2v.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #24
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinbuggy View Post
Ok. Thanks epb. I disconnected the black wire from the back of the charger receptacle (the one that goes to the OBC) and then ran one from that terminal on the receptacle and ran it to the #6 battery terminal. I have hooked up the battery charger and ran through the first three modes and it let each of them go through the pre-qualification stage for up to 10 min each. None of them have began charging. Does anyone know which mode I should have it set to for PD plus batteries? The manual says average of 45 secs to go through pre-qual stage. How long should I expect? The battery pack is currently at 49.2v.
I'm pretty sure you need to set your pins to mode 2 for Flooded Trojan/Crown batteries. Mode 1 is for flooded US Batteries, mode 3 Flooded Exide batteries....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #25
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

Thanks teecro. Ok I set it to mod 2 and 30 mins it faulted. I tried it again and it faulted for the second time. I'm at a loss. Could there be something wrong with the charger?
Old 11-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #26
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Will your batteries charge with different charger? Are your batteries good...possibly 1 has bad cell? What do the fault codes mean per manual? You may have something internal to charger that needs replaced. It wont hurt to open it up and peek around then post a pic...some on here can pick the issue from a pic.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #27
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinbuggy View Post
Thanks teecro. Ok I set it to mod 2 and 30 mins it faulted. I tried it again and it faulted for the second time. I'm at a loss. Could there be something wrong with the charger?
I can't comment beyond basic info as I've not yet done the install of the DPI charger to my cart yet. But will be doing so after the 19th when I get off ship. My PD charger was found to have issues after an electrical storm damaged the electronics in my house; I used this excuse to get a new DPI.

If you bought a used charger you could have very well bought a bad one or it is detecting issues in your battery pack and faulting for that reason.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #28
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

I am not sure if it will charge with any other charger. Currently, I do not have access to another charger. I know that each of my batteries reads 8.1v and the pack is 49.1. Not sure how that is cause the math doesn't add up but that's what I got. The fault shows the bottom 3 LEDs blinking together. I even tested the pack voltage through the female connections on the charger receptacle just to rule out any issues with the receptacle itself.

All I can think of is that it's the charger that has the issue. I opened it up last night and disconnected and reconnected all of the connections thinking it was a bad or corroded connection issue but it didn't change anything. I will open it back up tomorrow and take a picture or two of the inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #29
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

Ok. Here's a pic of the inside. I spoke with dpi today and he told me to plug charger up to the pack (do not power the charger) to test the voltage. He said to measure the voltage on the black and white wires at the circuit board. I was able to see voltage there. I then probed various combos including the connections at the transformer and was able to see voltage. I have to wait until tomorrow to call him back and let him know what I discovered. Anybody have any ideas before I call tomorrow?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car