lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
buddhahaps
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 88 Marathon 2 cycle troubles

Hi All! My 88 2 cycle has a couple of issues. Issue #1, engine cranks with key off or on as soon as you shift out of neutral without touching the gas pedal.

Issue #2, when cranking (key off or on) the engine never engages. The outer clutch (I think thats's what it is) is spinning but the shaft to the engine does not spin. Has a metal to metal sound...yikes! Is there a key way or a pin there? Need advice please Started never stops cranking though.

Thanks!
buddhahaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 Marathon 2 cycle troubles

Yea, you've got a good one there. As far as the electrical goes, hit this page:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html

It will be the last post so scroll all the way down. Sounds like you have some sort of crazy short circuit so study it well and check that everything on your cart matches it.

Also, here's a diagram I edited in paint so the wires are colored. I've never gotten a verification whether it's %100 but I've used that one as well.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...iagram-me.html

The drive clutch(the one right on the engine)has a taper lock and it sounds like it broke loose from it. You *might* be able to re torque the bolt in the center of it that holds it to the crankshaft but after all that grinding I'd think something is probably FUBAR by now. No key or pin though.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
buddhahaps
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 Marathon 2 cycle troubles

Thanks, I'll try the re-torque and also the wiring.
buddhahaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO