lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
5 Salt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: DS Won't Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm S View Post
OBC has nothing to do with movement. Here is how you can test your controller..

>>> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ch-manual.html
Thank you - read through trouble shooting pages and all pretty straight forward. If Controller checks all good then where should turn to next?

PS OBC has no movement function - copy. What then does the OBC provide to cart?

Thanks
5 Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Salt View Post
Thank you - read through trouble shooting pages and all pretty straight forward. If Controller checks all good then where should turn to next?

PS OBC has no movement function - copy. What then does the OBC provide to cart?

Thanks
Charger Control
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #23
5 Salt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Charger Control
Thanks Storm.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #24
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I don't think its the cause (sounds more like controller to me), but I think OBC does have one "movement related" function. If the OBC has failed, the yellow wire from the OBC can effectively disable a solenoid which is required to move. At least, that's the way I understand it. If it has failed in that way, its easy to jumper between the yellow wire post on the solenoid to the -48v post on the battery pack to temporarily bypass it and get the cart moving.

BTW - the reason that yellow wire is there, is to keep you from driving off, while the cart is still plugged in.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #25
5 Salt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
I don't think its the cause (sounds more like controller to me), but I think OBC does have one "movement related" function. If the OBC has failed, the yellow wire from the OBC can effectively disable a solenoid which is required to move. At least, that's the way I understand it. If it has failed in that way, its easy to jumper between the yellow wire post on the solenoid to the -48v post on the battery pack to temporarily bypass it and get the cart moving.
Thanks

We will start with contoller tests and expand from there as needed
Old 10-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

BTW - the reason that yellow wire is there, is to keep you from driving off, while the cart is still plugged in.
If the yellow SOLENOID wire was not being triggered by the OBC then they would NOT hear the click of the solenoid working when they pressed on the accelerator. It has already been stated the solenoid is working correctly.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #27
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ahhh...well its hard for an old guy like me to remember the content of a 3 page thread! Thanks.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #28
5 Salt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Ahhh...well its hard for an old guy like me to remember the content of a 3 page thread! Thanks.
I have that problem as well. If the controller is the replacement part, where is best place to purchase....I see prices all over the map for Curtis controller

Thanks for the support.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #29
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Salt View Post
I have that problem as well. If the controller is the replacement part, where is best place to purchase....I see prices all over the map for Curtis controller

Thanks for the support.
Your best bet is call BGW sponsors and ask them if they have stock controllers and how much. Mention you are a BGW member and many of them will offer a discount to you as well. I got my Curtis refurbished and upgraded to 400 amps for a great price and it works great.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #30
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Your best bet is call BGW sponsors and ask them if they have stock controllers and how much. Mention you are a BGW member and many of them will offer a discount to you as well. I got my Curtis refurbished and upgraded to 400 amps for a great price and it works great.
Oh look at that FSIP is a sponsor! Score. lol.. Call them. Thats where mine came from.

http://www.fsip.biz/index.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car