lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2015, 11:58 PM   #31
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Who has a stock 2pg piston laying around?

No, nor will I have static timing
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2015, 12:00 AM   #32
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
That's exactly right. You aren't working with a newer design so the graph is irrelevant. You aren't going to even approach those numbers with an older design.
Of course not, it was just showing another example of low piston speeds making big power.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 AM   #33
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Way back in the bad old days, as well.
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...-thread-4.html
Old 02-18-2015, 12:11 AM   #34
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Then please don't plant the seed here that anyone that mods a stock EZGO 244 motor, 2pg or 3pg, will be able to achieve anywhere close to what your graphs suggest. It just isn't reality. I think you are over-simplifying the amount of effort it takes to make major gains with these motors. Major gains would be going from 8hp to 12hp. That is not likely to happen for most people. The motors are severely limited, by design. When all is said and done, they will never be able to compete with even a small clone motor. You can get more power out of them, but the drivability greatly suffers.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:28 AM   #35
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That was not even close to what my pre-edited post was saying. I think the seed has blown away from the fertile fields now.

I've seen some pretty fair praise for another 244cc machine, here, recently, and I see a few small points where improvements can be made, without suffering driveability losses.

There's no over-simplification, and major gains are kind of my "thing".

88 Marathon picked up decent power over 87 with a carb and pipe swap, crappy case-reed setup, 3mm quench and blocked boost intact. Yes, a 50% improvement in peak power with no losses, is a realistic 1st step.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO