lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
KeithKman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Oil leak below fan cover...

2003 TXT lifted. I noticed soon after I purchased the cart it had an oil leak but I couldn't locate the area. I thought maybe the cart was over filled so I did an oil change last night. Leak is this there.

This is what I know.

- Cart runs great!

- Cart is not over filled. No oil in the air filter. No oil coming up through the crank case vent.

- Skid plate was soaked in oil (I assume the leak has been there awhile). I cleaned the skid plate and left it off for now.

- I appears to be leaking passenger side below the fan cover.

- About two dime sized drops on the garage floor in 12 hours.

Any idea what it could be or how I could fix?
KeithKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
deerhunter30
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil leak below fan cover...

Possibly the crank seal? It's not hard to change just a pain to pull the motor and flywheel.
deerhunter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
KeithKman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

More updates:

My family member took the cart around the block a few times. Started hearing a metal clicking noise and before they could slow down the motor shut off. When you try and start the cart the engine is locked up (you can hear the starter trying to move but stuck).

Pulled the plugs. Driver side plug is wet and black. Passenger side is dry.

Did the motor drop a valve or something?
Old 04-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
jeffrun
Gone Wild

could be valve. I was thinking that a rod cap has broke,rod came loose and crank is jamed against connecting rod. These motors have a history of rod bolts coming loose.Take valve cover off and check valves, and see if the are all in place. After that, pull pan and check lower end.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
KeithKman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrun View Post
could be valve. I was thinking that a rod cap has broke,rod came loose and crank is jamed against connecting rod. These motors have a history of rod bolts coming loose.Take valve cover off and check valves, and see if the are all in place. After that, pull pan and check lower end.
Thanks for the reply. The engine oil level is fine so I know that isn't the issue. What would cause one spark plug to be black and wet and the other dry?

I have a local golf cart shop picking up the cart tomorrow and having them take the motor apart. I'll let you know what they find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO