lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
befuddled
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default First time buy a good or bad value

Wife bought a 1984 Club Car at a yard sale for 1000 bucks. Had issues with solenoids and I put new tires and new stock type wheels on it, as well as replaced head and tail lights. Running ok now I think goes along at 14 or so mph and body and roof are good as are the brakes. Well into it now for about 1500 dollars. In it's present condition how much of a buy did she find or how bad a deal did she get?
befuddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Re: First time buy a good or bad value

The price of that cart here would be at best $800-$1,000.00. There are always are exceptions to all rules. The real determining factor is whether it is worth it to you and your family members. The older resistor type carts are almost bullet proof as far as lasting. The 5 solenoid design will give a little problem from time to time, but it is easy diagnosed and inexpensive to repair considering the costs of controllers. The worth of things is not always in the cash value of it. You can enjoy this one just as much as a real high priced one. It depends on how you look at it.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

Befuddled, what gadavis said... When you buy an old cart like this, you've got a great cart. I have a 1984 Club Car DS with the solenoids and I love it. I have a 8hp motor from PlumQuick on it and it runs 23mph on 36V system. I do keep a spare solenoid and a set of resister coils in the camper so I can repair if it breaks at the campground. I recently bought a EzGo TXT and though it's a nice cart, it's electronic control system is problematic and a pain.... So I say, great buy! She did good!
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

its a good deal if you consider batteries are good and will last you a few years. Essentially she got the cart for 200-400 (depending on where/what batteries you buy). AND if it came with a charger that is another 200 value. Around here people sell some carts w/o charger.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

A decent ready to go older electric cart goes for $1000-$1500 here depending on options and condition.We recently sold a few in that price range pretty quick.You could get more as options are added(rear seat,top,etc....).
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
stang99x
Gone Wild

You want honesty, or want me to lie?

Seriously though, it's not hard to find a 2005-2007 Precedent with decent batteries the same way it was on the course for $1750 in good used condition. I just bought 4 of the 2011 models shipped to me for $1900 each. I only paid that much because two of them had new batteries. When you see a cart listed on craigslist, don't be afraid to go look and kick them in the shin with your offer. I have gone and looked at a cart that the seller was asking $2800, offered him $2000 to which he laughed me off and then 5 days later called back and wanted to know if I would still pay $2000. (it was lifted with nice 12" wheels and mud tires too!) Don't be afraid to take advantage of someone else's bad choices. I know that sounds bad, but people do it everyday and there's no reason not take advantage of good fortune if it finds you. I've got a neighbor right now trying to sell me a 2010 EZGO RXV gas that his mom bought new. She paid nearly $10k for it and has barely used it. He's begging me to buy it for $4500 but I don't want it.

I actually had a lady pay me $100 to take a 1994 EZGO out of her yard. She also gave me the charger. I plopped new batteries in it and sold it for $2000. Be patient and they will appear. I've also seen folks pay $800 or more for something I wouldn't give $8 for.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #7
crash test dummy

stock 14mph is correct... so it really depends on your needs
Old 08-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #8
befuddled
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good to hear that 14 mph or so is more or less the standard. I wish I had known of this site before she ran into cart that she bought but I wish to thank all of you who helped me repair it's issues and make it a good running machine. It did come with a charger so I after spending a few bucks on parts it is running good. It gives her something to run around the community and she is happy.
befuddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I imagine most of us on this forum have more n our carts than they are worth. Have fun with it and try not to think about the cost.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #10
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by befuddled View Post
she is happy.
here you go!! it's worth it !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car