lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default only runs with choke on

I have a 2006 TXT. The engine got new rings and a valve job a couple of years back. Last week it was still running fine. I put some fuel in the tank to about the 3/4 mark and drove it about twenty feet to park it. The fuel was less than two weeks old and also used in a mower that is running fine.The next day when I tried to accelerate, the engine would rev up few a second then drop off to nothing. If I pulled the choke out it it would pick up revs and the power would come up. I did this a few times riding it around as I was trouble shooting. After a minute or two it would run normal, or close to it with no choke.

I was still messing with it yesterday and it never went to running without the choke. It just got to were it would not accelerate. Today I pulled the plugs and brushed them off. They were whiteish with no fuel on them. I pulled the hose off the fuel pump that goes to the carb. With the transmission in neutral I pushed the pedal to the floor to run the pump. The flow was not perfectly steady as I held it down. I am not familiar with cart pumps but expected that as long as I held the pedal the fuel would continue to exit the pump steadily. It mostly did but not consistently. Also, the flow came out about 1.5" and surged a little. I would have expected a steady solid stream that would have had more force.

What should I be seeing with the fuel pump?
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: only runs with choke on

The pump operates off of crankcase pressure pulses, so it should pulse out of the line. With that being said, I would pull the carb an clean it. Sounds like clogged fuel filter or dirt in carb.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Then the pulsing is normal, okay.

The fuel filter doesn't appear clogged but I am going to change it anyway. I planned to pull the carb's bowl and wipe it out but it seems like a bear to get to. In the minute I looked at it I haven't figured out if I can get to it and R&R it without removing the carb. Seems pretty tight in there.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Its really easy to pull the carb. remove the breather assembly and go from there. get a can of carb cleaner with the basket. follow the service guide and you'll be all set.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO