lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2019, 05:17 PM   #1
jtb51b
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller bad?

I have an older ez-go cart that I sent off to live with my wifes aunt. She failed to charge it and now I have it back. I have a weak, but working set of 36 volt batteries installed. It would click the solenoid, but would not even try to move. I went thru the procedure outlined by scottyb in the sticky on here. When I get to the line where I check the BLACK wire in the 6 pin connector I get 14 volts even, unplugged I get 4 volts. plugged in back in and went to the next line, when I touched the white wire and pressed the pedal I got .4 volts, and then the cart began to move the tires! it will drive, until I remove the red jumper wire from the battery to the solenoid and then nothing, even when I reattach the red wire I still get nothing. Once I touch the meter (+) back to the white wire everything "resets" and it begins to move again until the jumper wire is removed from the solenoid. Is the controller bad? or is the throttle sensor bad? Maybe worth mentioning, the key switch does NOT work, its straight wired always on. I will fix that now that its here but big problems first.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jason
jtb51b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
jtb51b
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Controller bad?

GOT IT. The 4 wire connector everyone was harping on in that other thread was the problem. FYI my 4 wire plug is right behind the FNR handle. I wiggled it and the cart moves now. SO I will finish charging the batts, remove them and "Fix" that connector once and for all.

Thanks for all the help yall gave the other guy, it helped me too once I found the correct search term. FYI "black wire" in the EZ-go electric got me there.

Jason
Old 06-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for updating this. Glad you found the problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #4
jtb51b
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Thanks for updating this. Glad you found the problem.
ME TOO! Thanks.

Maybe the 4 wire connector should be added to the sticky as the first thing to check prior to trying to check the controller/throttle assy.

Jason
Old 06-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb51b View Post
GOT IT. The 4 wire connector everyone was harping on in that other thread was the problem. FYI my 4 wire plug is right behind the FNR handle. I wiggled it and the cart moves now. SO I will finish charging the batts, remove them and "Fix" that connector once and for all.

Thanks for all the help yall gave the other guy, it helped me too once I found the correct search term. FYI "black wire" in the EZ-go electric got me there.

Jason
For abused batteries, you should do back to back charges.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:20 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
ME TOO! Thanks.

Maybe the 4 wire connector should be added to the sticky as the first thing to check prior to trying to check the controller/throttle assy.

Jason
It's in ScottyB's throttle sticky.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:45 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Jason

Always the first thing to check on those. If they give me problems I eliminate them and splice the wires.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO