lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
clem29686
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 EZGO TXT Fleet Won't Run

Hi,

I am trying to get my dads 1999 EZGO TXT Fleet cart to run but I noticed where he damaged the receptacle and unhooked it. I've ordered a replacement but I wanted to see if it would run but all I get is a clicking noise in the solenoid. I've checked all the battery connections, solenoid wiring, controller wiring and they are all wired correctly. The total voltage I get is 32v for a 36v cart. So that that too low voltage to get the cart to run? Is it necessary to have the receptacle hooked up to complete the circuit? According to everythingcarts.com the receptacle I need does not require a reed switch. I looked at the old receptacle and do not see a reed switch attached.
clem29686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 EZGO TXT Fleet Won't Run

Those batteries are deader than dead. See attached SoC chart.

Need to know which drive system the cart has.
If there is a Run/Tow switch on the controller cover, it is a DCS. If not, it is a series drive.

A 1999 TXT body style cart had a reed switch, but the cart is 20 years old, so a previous owner may have bypassed it.

In any case, for a DCS drive, you have to have battery pack volage getting to the Run/Tow switch and for a series drive, there has to be voltage to MS2 on the F/R assembly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (66.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #3
clem29686
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Johnnie. I do have a series drive. I'll check voltage to MS2 on the F/R assembly to see what it reads. I looks like I'll be breaking the bank to buy new batteries.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

JB, He does have a solenoid click so probably low voltage or other bad component. Try charging 2 batteries at a time with a 12 volt charger to see if you can get the pack up just to test it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #5
clem29686
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Guys. I was able to get the cart to run and the total voltage read 40.3V. It took over an hour to get to that voltage so I wanted to give it a test run. I didnt make it far as my driveway has a steep grade and the cart stalled out. I've attached a photo of my driveway to give you an idea of what I'm trying to climb. Should I charge it longer to get 42-45 volts or perhaps I need new batteries?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg driveway.jpg (199.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem29686 View Post
Hi Guys. I was able to get the cart to run and the total voltage read 40.3V. It took over an hour to get to that voltage so I wanted to give it a test run. I didnt make it far as my driveway has a steep grade and the cart stalled out. I've attached a photo of my driveway to give you an idea of what I'm trying to climb. Should I charge it longer to get 42-45 volts or perhaps I need new batteries?
You should charge it until the charger turns off. Johnnieb will be back around and he often suggests multiple back to back charges to try and bring some life back to bad batteries, but I have a feeling you’re taking a shopping trip soon.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO