lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Things Happen In Threes

Today the switch on my electric water pump broke, my digital volt meter gave up and yes my 2002 E-Z GO PDS broke also. I was driving downhill at app 3 mph when the cart went into reverse. Stopping and checking the F-N-R switch it was in F. Now the cart would only move in R. My 40 year old daughter thought it quite funny. I could not turn around on this small dirt road and had to back up and drive home in R for app 1 mile. Took the F-N-R switch out to look at it, looked fine, also looked at key switch, looked fine. So I disconnected batteries and inspected inside the Run-Tow conpartment, looked new and no smoke damage, everything tight. Looked at the motor and cleaned the terminals. Motor seemed warm but never felt it for temp before. Closed it all back up, now nothing in F or R., but I can feel the selonoid kicking in and it seems to jerk ever so slightly when pedal is depressed. OK now for the good part. At 4 a.m. I here a beep, beep, beep, beep and the cart is below my window. Out I go naked for a date with my favorite cart. Yes it was her. Key off, check, F-N-R in N, check, still beeping, raise the seat and switch the Run - Tow switch to Tow and it stops. 8 oclock I go out to see things and back to Run and no beep now, and still no run. Help, is it the F-N-R switch? where to buy it?
leapingbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Things Happen In Threes

my money is on controller. let's see what the experts say...
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

not that I put alot of faith in this but.... Have you put the cart in diagmostic mode and listened to the beep code? If so, what code did it give you?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I dont know how to put it into diagnostic mode or what the code is. Talked to a techi and told him in reverse it has the backup alarm and goes in reverse, in forward it goes in reverse also and does not sound the alarm, so he thinks it might be the controller. The beep, beep, beep I heard in the middle of the night must have been the low battery alarm. Where did the electricity go? I flipped the run tow switch to tow and the beep stopped. Help Scotty, beam me up! I miss my cart.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

on the environmental cover should have a diagrahm of codes. At the very bottom it will tell you how to enter the diag mode.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

to enter Diagnostic mode:

Key off
F&R in Neutral
switch from Nuetral to R and back to Neutral 5 times.
after the 5th time the cart should beep anywhere from 1-4 times (this tells you the chip installed with 4 being the fastest speed)
Turn key on
put cart in Forward
step on accel pedal
Cart should start beeping in a pattern and the pattern will repeat. Write down the pattern.
Consult list on controller cover or post pattern here for us to assist you.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the diagnostic diagram. I did as you said and nothing. Now that I am again in possession of a multi-meter I see that the beeping was a low battery alert, very low. With the key off, and switch in N I have a good battery voltage with the switch in Tow. As soon as I switch it to run (only the switch, not with pedal pressure) the voltage starts to drop. Switch it back to TOW and voltage goes back up. Is it the controller? I am seeing a PlumQuik motor and bigger controller and bigger wires in my future. Maybe the future is now. Thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Remember it happens in threes,good choices if you are really wanting to do it, but i think you need six things to happen. new batteries is what i mean.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You flip the car from Tow to Run and the voltages starts dropping right away and continues a downward spiral? I would have to say, first charge the batteries to get a full charge on them, then check your findings again. At this point you should be able to put the cart in Diagnostic mode although from what I have read so far I am starting to think in terms of a new controller in your future at the least.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It was the controller. New 400 Altrax, selinoid and wires.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO