lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
wheelsx2
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO starts then stops then just clicks.

I have a '02 EZ GO PDS cart 36V. I got it out this weekend it went about 100 ft then would not go again. You can hear the solinoid engage and motor will sometimes bouce a little but won't go. It can sit for a while and the same thing happens. Batteries have a fresh charge and all connections are good. I have put it on jack stands to trouble shoot and see no drop in battery voltage when engine is running BTW my batteries are reading 38V. Solinoid also checks out. I went through the troubleshooting flow chart and the problem I am seeing is the reading between F1 and F2 on the controller when the motor is turning is not the 2.7V indicated on the flow chart. The reading is only .2 volts. Also the motor does not sound as if the rpm is consistant. The flowchart says this may be a bad motor. My question is has anyone seen these symptoms before and can verify my findings? Also is this something that can be repaired if it is the motor or will it have to be replaced? Any help or direction would be appreciated. It will probably be a few days until I can work on the cart again.
wheelsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
golfcartpro
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ GO starts then stops then just clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsx2 View Post
I have a '02 EZ GO PDS cart 36V. I got it out this weekend it went about 100 ft then would not go again. You can hear the solinoid engage and motor will sometimes bouce a little but won't go. It can sit for a while and the same thing happens. Batteries have a fresh charge and all connections are good. I have put it on jack stands to trouble shoot and see no drop in battery voltage when engine is running BTW my batteries are reading 38V. Solinoid also checks out. I went through the troubleshooting flow chart and the problem I am seeing is the reading between F1 and F2 on the controller when the motor is turning is not the 2.7V indicated on the flow chart. The reading is only .2 volts. Also the motor does not sound as if the rpm is consistant. The flowchart says this may be a bad motor. My question is has anyone seen these symptoms before and can verify my findings? Also is this something that can be repaired if it is the motor or will it have to be replaced? Any help or direction would be appreciated. It will probably be a few days until I can work on the cart again.

It sound to me like a battery.
golfcartpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

a battery can show good with a volt meter but still have no amps so you need to load test them and check all cells with a hydrometer, i agree it sounds lkike you have a battery problem and it only takes one...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
wheelsx2
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I will follow up testing the batteries properly this weekend.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
wheelsx2
Not Yet Wild

Checked out the batteries with a hydrometer. Most of them were just marginal reading at the top of the fair range range right below good. I guess it is time for a new set. Does anyone have a recommendation on brands and a good place to buy.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
wheelsx2
Not Yet Wild

Wasn't batteries after all. It was the throttle adjustment inside the pedal box. I got a tip from a friend that saved me from buying batteries.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
golfcartpro
Not Yet Wild

thats weird because you said "You can hear the solinoid engage and motor will sometimes bouce a little but won't go" that ment you had power after the foot switch, so the foot switch had to be good, But if thats was the problem, then Im glad you found it before you purchased the batteries.
golfcartpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
wheelsx2
Not Yet Wild

My footswitch is the type with the inductive coil that the shaft (magnetic?) from the peddle linkage moves through the center of. I guess when the switch that tells the controller you are pressing the pedal opened the rod was already entering the coil or too far in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO