lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default more speed???

2003 ezgo series cart, so i'v done everything except upgrade to 48v and i'm still not happy with the speed, new 8hp 19 mph motor, 22" tires, high speed gears, 2g gauge wiring, h/d f/r cam, 700 amp controller, 400a/1000a solenoid, what am i missing, maybe i did something wrong? or is a 48v upgrade all i have left to do? will this give me the speed i long for??
frankowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: more speed???

Your cart is no better than the batteries you have in it. If the batteries are old and tired then the cart is tired all the time.

What kind of batteries do you have? How old are they? How are the connections on them? We need as much info as you can supply! Pictures are worth more than you know. us you!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: more speed???

battery's are trojan 105's only about 3-4 yrs. old, last fall cart ran all day long with no problems, i charged after every use and check fluid level monthly, connections are perfectly clean and tight, all new 2 gauge wiring.
frankowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Re: more speed???

Jack up the rear end and see how hard it is to spin the tires! They should spin pretty easy unless you have a brake sticking. This could cause the problem you have.High speed gears and only 19 MPH doesn't sound right at all to me though.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Default Re: more speed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankowe View Post
2003 ezgo series cart, so i'v done everything except upgrade to 48v and i'm still not happy with the speed, new 8hp 19 mph motor, 22" tires, high speed gears, 2g gauge wiring, h/d f/r cam, 700 amp controller, 400a/1000a solenoid, what am i missing, maybe i did something wrong? or is a 48v upgrade all i have left to do? will this give me the speed i long for??
That motor is probably a torque motor. Not meant for speed. And on 36 volts, it is going to be slow if it is a torque motor. An upgrade to 48 volts will wake it up.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO