lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Regen convertion?

It's all compatible. The IQ system will work with your current motor and speed sensor. However, I'd purchase the IQ component mounting plate and IQ controller cover along with a new OBC for the IQ system. The V-Glide can be wired into the IQ wire harness to work. It'll be a little jerky due to the 5 position throttle but it will work fine. Other that that, it's basically plug and play. I just did that to a Regen2 cart today. Runs like a champ now. The customer hasn't been in to pick it up yet but I know he's gonna love it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks David, In your opinion would I be better off converting to a IQ or a Regen 2 ? I am limited financially and my main concern is getting it running and dependable so that if any thing goes in the future I'm not limited to availabllity of parts. The cart had more than enough speed but I would have liked more toque because I use it mostly for utility on my small tree farm that hasn't produced a dime yet. Would you have part numbers you'ld suggest? A consensus would be nice since most of the info I've gotten from parts suppliers is contradictary or inconsistant at best! -Brent
clueless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would take TahoeDawg's advise as he is shop foreman for a CC dealer in Augusta and knows his stuff to a tee.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless1 View Post
Thanks David, In your opinion would I be better off converting to a IQ or a Regen 2 ? I am limited financially and my main concern is getting it running and dependable so that if any thing goes in the future I'm not limited to availabllity of parts. The cart had more than enough speed but I would have liked more toque because I use it mostly for utility on my small tree farm that hasn't produced a dime yet. Would you have part numbers you'ld suggest? A consensus would be nice since most of the info I've gotten from parts suppliers is contradictary or inconsistant at best! -Brent
IQ!! Regen2 is almost as bad as Regen1. The IQ system has FAR less problems. I absolutely love it. I'll get a parts list together for you and list the part numbers for ya.... give me a little while and I'll post it.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #15
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks again OLD MEC; I do appreciate all your help and time with my problem. If I ever win the lottery you'll be on my list.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #16
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
IQ!! Regen2 is almost as bad as Regen1. The IQ system has FAR less problems. I absolutely love it. I'll get a parts list together for you and list the part numbers for ya.... give me a little while and I'll post it.
TahoeDawg, You're giving me some hope; I'm gratefull your going out of your way here. It's like asking a man to bring his work home with him ! I do appreciate it. Thanks- Brent:
Old 08-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Here's your list....

101908701 - Solenoid, 48V (QTY1) (You may want to re-use your old one. The reason I listed this is because it's got a diode between the two small posts actually built into the solenoid. You can purchase a separate diode to use with your solenoid if you'd like. Part number is 1014948. It's got a red band on one side of it. That's the positive side. Let's move on...

AM1229201 - OBC (QTY1)
102101101 - MCOR (QTY1)
102101001 - Drive Bar (QTY1)
102026001 - Pivot Rod (QTY1)

These four items are debatable.... If you've already got an OBC with the 6 Pin connector, you can re-use it. However, most 97 models had the old school OBC with the wire harness that ran all the way around the car and back to the charger receptacle. You're gonna want to get rid of that junk and replace it with a new one. You're converting to new style and you will have a mounting plate for the new OBC to bolt to. The MCOR, Drive Bar, and Pivot rod are all only necessary if you choose to convert to an MCOR for your throttle control. It's recommended, but not completely necessary. The V-Glide will work, but it's only got a 5-position throttle control and may feel jumpy while driving.

The following items are a MUST:
102196601 - IQ Wire Harness (QTY1)
101965202 - Component Mounting Plate (QTY1)
102806201 - IQ Controller (QTY1) This component may be aftermarket if you'd like.
102240601 - Controller Cover (QTY1)
1014947 - Resistor (QTY1)
102240501 - Bolts, IQ Controller (QTY3)
1014288 - Bolt (QTY2)
101910401 - Bolt (QTY9)
102199601 - Wire, #6 Red (QTY1)

You should be able to re-use your old motor cables if they're in good shape. However, you're gonna have to change two of the ends on the small 10 gauge wires to a female blade terminal. (F1 and F2)

I think that's it. If I think of anything else I'll edit this post and add it. Hope this helps!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #18
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks again David, I appreciate your time and knowledge, I'm thinking though I'm in for some sticker shock. It's like Jaws keeps zeroing in on my wallet! I'm going to keep you posted let you know how all turns out. - Brent
Old 08-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless1 View Post
Thanks again David, I appreciate your time and knowledge, I'm thinking though I'm in for some sticker shock. It's like Jaws keeps zeroing in on my wallet! I'm going to keep you posted let you know how all turns out. - Brent
I understand, but keep in mind that your ability to do this conversion makes your car as good as a new one and makes it MUCH cheaper than a new one...
Old 08-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #20
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

David I just thought of something my regan 1 has two solenoids will I omit one. Also it has no run/tow switch should I install one when I convert? One last question; any suggestions for an alternant controller that would be cheaper than the CC controller? I see there are many Altrax contollers that appear they might work? More torque than when it last ran would be great; it had more than enough speed and not much torque! This makes me feel stupid but whats the CC 5k-0 throttle about? Thanks again - Brent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car