lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
farnzy
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Battery chemicals

Hey everyone im in a bit of a bind, i just went and got myself a golf cart with 2011 batteries, i think the batteries should still be good but they are dieing really fast i have done multi-meter tested and specific gravity and all the battery's and cells are very close so i know they arent broken. I have seen alot of chemicals you can buy and put into the batteries to fix them up. First thing i need to know is do they work? Second is i live in australia and cannot seam to get any.

Does anyone have any chemical mix they can share with ingredients and the process you can buy from local shops that will regenerate golf cart batteries???

Hope someone can help me out thanks in advance everyone
farnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery chemicals

Personally, I would never add anything except distilled water to a battery.

The snake oil treatments are, at best, a last resort since they may destroy the battery, do nothing or improve the performance at the expense of lifespan.

If your two year old batteries aren't taking/holding a charge, simply charging the daylights out of them may do wonders.

Also, the problem might be the charger isn't fully charging them, or they are not being charged often enough, or a previous owner may have been adding tap water instead of distilled water.

What are the Pack voltage and the individual battery voltages 12 hours after the charger shuts off?

What charger are you using?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
farnzy
Not Yet Wild

Charger is the normal charger that comes with the cart the PAC voltage is 50.2 after resting for 12 hours and I hvent done each battery by itself there 8v batteries and I only have 12v and 6v charger and there 8v batteries so its hard without throwing $$$ at it when it will end up the same price as a new PAC is there anything I can do?
farnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Apparently you have a 48V battery pack and you are using a 48V charger or it would not come up to 50.2V.
Other than that, I have no idea what brand, year, model and drive type cart you have, nor what brand and model charger you have, nor AH rating of batteries, so I cannot provide much assistance other than it is usually a bad idea to add anything except distilled water to golf cart batteries and that charging them repeatedly with little or no discharges between charges will most likely increase the amount of charge they will accept from the 85% SoC they currently acquire to something higher.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO