lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #11
edh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: TXT rearend oil change help

I use HD 30 wgt oil.
edh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The manual calls for SAE 30w motor oil ... You can suck the oil out and refill. I suppose it is better than no attempt at service At All. But you realize that you have left all of the heavy metal shavings and sludge at the bottom of the pan where we service techs wipe them out when we remove the pan.... The same tactic is deployed at (name a cheap service chain) to change your transmission fluid by sucking it out and never even getting in there and changing the filter but, I DIGRESS
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
340doc
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK guys, thanks for your replies, sounds like I drain and pull the pan, clean and fill the little valley with the oil than try to put it on full!
340doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I'm gonna buy a pump for the oil bottles. I got a Jeep that needs diffs and TC serviced on a regular basis, so it's worth the expense to me. Dropping the pan also lets you put eyes on the gears while you rotate them.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #15
mower-moley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340doc View Post
Greetings all, got my first cart about a month ago and have been going over it making sure all is good. I would like to change the oil in the rear, I see a drain plug on the very bottom of the cover, it faces straight down, but I do not see a way to put the new oil back in. Also how about synthetic oil? My cart is a 04 TXT...
As already mentioned, a little pump is all you need to fill it, wouldnt bother draining the oil, it doesnt work hard in the back axle. I use a straight 90 weight oil for these diffs but you could use a 75w90 or something similar. Hope this helps.
mower-moley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mower-moley View Post
As already mentioned, a little pump is all you need to fill it, wouldnt bother draining the oil, it doesnt work hard in the back axle. I use a straight 90 weight oil for these diffs but you could use a 75w90 or something similar. Hope this helps.
You can buy a manual at shopezgo.com. The manufacture calls for sae 30w motor (NOT GEAR OIL) in their differentials.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #17
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

FYI my Factory Service Manual for '89-96 EZ-GO electric calls for 8-10 ozs of 80-90 wt gear oil in the differential. Manual No. 25122-G1 Page S-2. I refilled with Mobil 1 synthetic 75-90.

Later models may be different.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #18
mower-moley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You can buy a manual at shopezgo.com. The manufacture calls for sae 30w motor (NOT GEAR OIL) in their differentials.
for some reason your manuals are different to mine?
mower-moley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
FYI my Factory Service Manual for '89-96 EZ-GO electric calls for 8-10 ozs of 80-90 wt gear oil in the differential. Manual No. 25122-G1 Page S-2. I refilled with Mobil 1 synthetic 75-90.

Later models may be different.

Jim
For some reason I thought this thread was about "TXT rearend oil change help" Txt manual calls for 30wt motor oil
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #20
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty,

I mentioned the difference in fluid recommendation for the years '89-96 to make it clear that contrary to what is posted here sometimes that 30w is not recommended for "all differentials".

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO