lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 AM   #1
kevin kelsey
Not Yet Wild

Question ezego power

hello i am a new member.I have recentlyt purchased a 96 ezego shuttle ,to customize for my camp. Model #pc-956,serial #ul18147,manu. code k2296.The motor numbers are,36v ,au2500 fleet speed,class-h380,part#a95-4006,73124g04.These are all the numbers on the cart. My main concern is this cart will not have enough power to climb the hills at my camp with 6 passengers on it ,25-35 degree hills.can any one tell me the horse power of this motor .I would like to find out as much info as i can and history on this cart,This cart needs new batteries and i dont want to spend $500 on a good set of batteries if it wont do the job.If need be i will buy an old 2 stroke cart and steel the power plant and controlls.Where can i find service manual info ,these carts seen very rare. as soon as i figure out how i will post pics of my new ride and my 88 lifted gas ezego. thanks kevin NY
kevin kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezego power

Kevin,

You are asking a lot of a electric cart to haul that much weight up hills that steep. It can be done but it is going to be expensive. A short list of what will need to be upgraded includes 4ga wires on all the power wires (that's the cheapest part), a Alltrax AXE 4844 400a controller, convert to 48v either with 8-6v batteries or 6-8v batteries, a charger for 48v,a heavy duty solenoid, and most likely a better motor with more torque (contact D and D electric ). You are looking at $2000.00.

That is what I basicly did with my cart except I went 42v to keep the bag well clear and I had new 6v batteries I didn't want to toss for 8v ones.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
kevin kelsey
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: ezego power

thanks for input . iI am leaning towards changing to gas but not shure just yet. i still would like to know what horse power my current electric motor is.I would love to get some more info on this cart. Please help!
kevin kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezego power

Kevin,

I would bet if you called D and D electric, a builder of motors for carts and gave them the motor numbers you have they could tell you what it was and what power it was. The motor in my '92 Marathon was 2 hp and on 42v it still didn't climb hills without slowing quite a lot. I bought a D and D 170-01-01 at their recommendation and it scoots up the hills now. It is a torque mostly motor that also increased my speed 3 mph. It is rated at 7.5 hp.

The motor change was after adding 4ga power wires, a Alltrax AXE 4844 controller, a Delta Quiq 48 charger set for 42v and seven new batteries.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO