lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
mdefelice
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Angry Solenoid won't energize

I think I have the electronics out of a 1996 EZGO Cart. The solenoid won't energize. I have 2 wiring diagrams which show different positions of the wires on the solenoid. It looks like wires and connectors have been changed. The controller was bad and I changed it. I am worried about damaging the new controller. How can I verify the wiring to the solenoid. It would be a plus to understand the flow from the battery to energize it.
Mike
mdefelice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid won't energize

What is the Manufacture code on the serial tag in the glove passenger side box?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
mdefelice
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Electronics are out of the cart and installed in My Horseless Carriage. I have no info on the cart.

Mike
Old 12-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

k
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdefelice View Post
Electronics are out of the cart and installed in My Horseless Carriage. I have no info on the cart.

Mike
We can help but there were a few diffent systems We will need pics to determine what system you have. Please tell me everything came out of one cart. OR... you know what type of drive system you have and everything matches
Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
mdefelice
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Everything came out of one cart except the new controller I replaced. Solid state controller under a black cover with a single solenoid. One black wire B+ on one side and one black wire on the other side tied to the plus side of the solenoid coil. Other small red wires on the solenoid. Do you understand the 36v flow to energize the solenoid. Then I can trace the flow with a meter to see what is goin on.

Mike
Old 12-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Everything came out of one cart except the new controller I replaced. Solid state controller under a black cover with a single solenoid. One black wire B+ on one side and one black wire on the other side tied to the plus side of the solenoid coil. Other small red wires on the solenoid. Do you understand the 36v flow to energize the solenoid. Then I can trace the flow with a meter to see what is goin on.Mike
Hell yes I understand the flow to energise the coil Do you understand that there were 3 drive systems for you to choose from when you purchased the controller? How did you determine which drive system you have? Which is it?

FYI. the solenoid is a simple switch on/off. it requires 1 pos & 1 neg charge on the small terminals to activate & make contact (continuity) between the large terminals.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
mdefelice
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I understand about the plus and minus on the solenoid coil but don't know how to get through the key switch, micro switch , foot pedal, controller to get there.
I am pretty sure the solenoid is bad but I am not getting 36v on the coil.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I understand about the plus and minus on the solenoid coil but don't know how to get through the key switch, micro switch , foot pedal, controller to get there.
I am pretty sure the solenoid is bad but I am not getting 36v on the coil.
You can download a wiring diagram from the stickies at the top of this section. I would think that would be better than me trying telling you how to wire it? basically once you have the diagram and the vehicle in front of you you will see the path of ignition... let me know if you are having trouble finding the diagram.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Curious - Did you use ALL the parts from the cart for your carriage? Meaning a pedal box, key switch and such?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yeah, I think he did...... I am going to try to post the wiring diagram for a Series TXT here .... he never did say which conrtroller he had? Looks like a pretty cool project

I need to reduce the size and try again .........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo txt diagram 001.jpg (83.5 KB, 48 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO