lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 EZGO TXT PDS questions

I recently purchased a 2003 EZGO PDS off Craigslist in VA. I was told buy the owner that it was a 2007 model but after checking the serial info tonight I found out it is an 03' model. Paid $2500 for it and still feel like I've gotten a good deal. Cart is a 9 out of 10 in my opinion cosmetically with lots of upgrades...Jakes lift (not sure which one)...10" chrome wheels and 22" off road tires...rear folding seat...brush guard...front and rear light kit...chrome steering column and wheel...and 5 panel rear view mirror. I had to replace the Trojan batteries which I have done...and upgraded all my wires to 4 gauge...and added a separate 12 volt to run my accessories. The guy told me he had added the speed chip to the cart...where would this be located?

The old batteries in the cart had so much corrosion in between them I had to put a jack under the cart to break them loose from the tray. This can't be normal. What the hell did this guy do to create this much corrosion? I wire brushed and baking soda'd the frame where the batteries go and primered and repainted everything in there before installing the new batteries. I guess my question is....Is this much corrosion normal? Thanks for any feedback...I'll post some pics of the cart this week...My first one!!
Hntn4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 EZGO TXT PDS questions

The speed chip is located on the controller under the black cover where the tow/run switch is. The corrosion is from the guy never taking care of his batteries.... SO you know now what not do do!!!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntn4Ya View Post

The old batteries in the cart had so much corrosion in between them I had to put a jack under the cart to break them loose from the tray. This can't be normal. What the hell did this guy do to create this much corrosion?
He did nothing. EVER!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

He probably overfilled the batteries which caused them to boil over during charging. The acid most likely contributed to the corrosion. When you service your batteries make sure not to overfill and fill them AFTER the charge cycle.
Gman757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the answers. I kinda figured that he had just abused them. The guy I bought the cart from was probably in his late 60's and he told me it was just a toy he thought he would use...but he never did. I'm guessing he never ran across a forum with all this information about maintenance and how to spend alot of money LOL Not that it matters now...but was $2500 a decent deal on this cart?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Well...this is her. My newest money pit. Was $2500 a good deal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 1.jpg (86.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 2.jpg (87.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 03-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Better pull the speed chip out ASAP - Not a good combo for a lifted PDS and stock controller. Start saving up for controller, solenoid and 4 gauge cables. Once you get this done, you'll have a GREAT cart

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Better pull the speed chip out ASAP - Not a good combo for a lifted PDS and stock controller. Start saving up for controller, solenoid and 4 gauge cables. Once you get this done, you'll have a GREAT cart
I'm with MMT, If you plan on driving it a while without changing the controller, you'd better take the chip out, or just run to fail but not a good option imo. Once you get the 400/4ga, she'll be rockn. Oh, and think pinstripes or something, too much white, its blinding
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:46 PM   #9
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

nice find for $2500
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys...I'm gonna be working on the cart some tonight, installing a lighter plug,dome light, and fabbing a battery box for my 12 volt...so I'll pull the speed chip out as well. I've been looking at the Alltrax 400 amp controllers & solenoid, and it is something I plan on adding over the next year or so. Would have done it now, but had to blow $600 on new batteries, so it will have to wait a while now.

How do I tell which Jakes lift is on the cart? I know its a Jake's lift because it has a Jake's decal on the front axle.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO