lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
k9fanz
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 ez-go electric does not go

Please help me with my 2006 E-Z Go elctric golf cart. The batteries are brand new, something the seller did for me which I greatly appreciate, but we are having problems with, what we believe, the vehicle holding a charge.

Once I plug the charger into the cart, the charging system makes a humming sound and after several hours cuts itself off (what it is supposed to do so I am told).
Once we unplug the cart from the charger and start to drive the cart, we are lucky to get 150-200 yards away before it loses all power and we are forced to push it back home. With that being said, the lights still shine brightly when we turn them on, but the radio is sporadic at best. Is this a Battery issue or is it something else?
k9fanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 ez-go electric does not go

Welcome !!!

What kind of cart do you have a forward/reverse switch on the dash or by your legs?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

the batteries may be wired wrong.... do you have a voltage meter? check voltage at the charger receptacle if all batteries are connected correctly to the charging port you will get a reading of about 36-39 volts...... Get a digital voltmeter if you don't have one and stop trying to drive if you do not have full power or a meter as battery damage can (will be done) by drawing the batteries down too far especially when new ........... welcome
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
k9fanz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksKarts View Post
Welcome !!!

What kind of cart do you have a forward/reverse switch on the dash or by your legs?
The reverse switch is on the dash.
Thanks for the quick response.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
k9fanz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
the batteries may be wired wrong.... do you have a voltage meter? check voltage at the charger receptacle if all batteries are connected correctly to the charging port you will get a reading of about 36-39 volts...... Get a digital voltmeter if you don't have one and stop trying to drive if you do not have full power or a meter as battery damage can (will be done) by drawing the batteries down too far especially when new ........... welcome
I do not have a voltage meter on the cart although I have thought about getting one before this incident. The cart worked fine the first several months I had it and then this started happening. The batteries are NEW...09 so Ifigured it either doesnt have enough juice to charge all the way (something I read in another post) or something else is wrong. Thanks for the quick response!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
k9fanz
Not Yet Wild

I checked the port with a digital voltage meter and it was reading approx 36-38v. I did this after charging the batteries with a 12 volt deep cycle batter charger. I put the positive on 1 battery and the negative on another battery. Repeated this with different sets of batteries on the cart to hopefully get all charged to full capacity.

It took several hours for each set of batteries to be fully charged according to the battery charger. When I put the Battery re-charger that came with the cart into the cart, it was only reading about +/-12. Is that Normal?

Forgive me for my not knowing alot about this or the verbage associated with these issues.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO