lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: form 36V to 48V with no upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I just want to leave everybody else with couple of pictures to explain why we do NOT recommend this type of halfassed conversion or 'boost'.
Thanks for posting the great pics.
What the contactor also does is to bypass the FNR, the speed board contacts and the solenoid. IMO, A 48V cart isn't an improvement over a 36V cart except in torque (traversing an incline) and speed (above 12mph). That is the only time you are using the extra voltage ($1.5K or so upgrade). Level ground presents no challenge even for a 36V cart.
Thank you again for the warning to myself and the group. I am very happy with my resistor cart (1) because no electronics are used just basic wiring/components, and (2) when I need that little extra I press the booster button.
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is a great benefit to using added voltage on the flat as well as the hills. That is why so many people convert to 48v ... Our hill terrain would have you wearing that push button out Of course I am sure it is a Golf Cart true deep discharge battery which you you monitor and recharge at 50% discharge.... It seems to me this might be on every golf cart made if it was all you say it is?
Let's just say that may be an option for some experimentation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Danger.jpg (2.2 KB, 58 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There is a great benefit to using added voltage on the flat as well as the hills. That is why so many people convert to 48v ... Our hill terrain would have you wearing that push button out Of course I am sure it is a Golf Cart true deep discharge battery which you you monitor and recharge at 50% discharge.... It seems to me this might be on every golf cart made if it was all you say it is?
Let's just say that may be an option for some experimentation.
The extra 12v is two deep Cycle Exides wired in parallel. I didn't think the booster deserved more than that as it is used infrequently. I do charge them each time I charge the 36v pack...after every use as you all have suggested for optimum battery life. I mounted a 12v charger in the bagwell along with the 2 batteries and permanently connected to them. The power cord is wired to a computer-like power plug mounted next to the main charger plug.
The little pushbutton momentary switch is mounted to the steering column.

Anyone having a resistor cart should keep it a resistor cart. If you are unhappy with the performance then sell it and buy a late model cart more easily and affordable to upgrade, if needed.

Thank you for your input.
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO