lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2008, 10:27 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 EZGO No Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by snr8715 View Post
Where is the F/R switch located?
BRO - The F/R switch is where the micro's are. Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know what an F/R is, then STOP working on your cart and get it to someone / somewhere with some experience. The DCS electronics are expensive, pay an hours labor charge at a good repair shop and have them check your cart ASAP, it may just save you a ton of cash.

If your reverse buzzer is going off all the time, then your controller might just be trying to tell you something!!! If the cart 'beeps', then your controller is getting a false reading that it's rolling down a hill, or 'free wheeling'. The DCS is a strange beast - you really need to seek some hands on, experienced help, from someone who can physically be there with your cart...

By the way - WELCOME to the forum!!!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #22
1986g3a
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I am a golf cart mechanic and a betting man and my money is on a bad controller. You can pick up refurbished ones for around $300 give or take. Make sure you get the one with the same number of pins that you have. Off the top of my head i think there is a 5 pin and a 9 pin controlle for the DCS. Make sure you diconect the batteries before switching them out because you could fry some stuff other wise.
1986g3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:21 AM   #23
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

9 pin is a DCS - 5 pin is a series (which won't work). Rebuilt controllers are just that - rebuilt. Not everything in them is new, just what originally burned. We always replace with a new AllTrax - never rebuilt...

Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by snr8715 View Post
Where is the F/R switch located?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #25
1986g3a
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

It is true that not eveything on a rebuilt controller is new, but I rarely have problems with them. Most of the time people just want to fix there cart spending the least amount of money.
1986g3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #26
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

For a few bucks more, you can get a new AllTrax, over the price of rebuilt. Remember, the DCS was replaced in 2000. Stock controllers are no newer than 2000 year technology. Anyone still using an 8 year old computer or cell phone?

My 2 cents...

Old 06-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #27
snr8715
Not Yet Wild

Well the controller is whats wrong. I swapped out one to try from my brothers. I guess I will try and find a used one.
snr8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #28
snr8715
Not Yet Wild

Oh yeah it is a 9 pin.
snr8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #29
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
For a few bucks more, you can get a new AllTrax, over the price of rebuilt. Remember, the DCS was replaced in 2000. Stock controllers are no newer than 2000 year technology. Anyone still using an 8 year old computer or cell phone?

My 2 cents...

EXTREMELY sound advice....

The cheapest way out is just that. It's always cheaper for me to tell the mechanic I don't need a new serpentine belt, or I don't need that oil change at 3 months etc...etc..etc.. but what does that do to me in the long run.

The original controller lived a long and happy life, replace it with new, and you will probably see another long lived controller.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #30
cam389
Not Yet Wild

snr8715 Did you ever find out what was wrong with your Golf Cart and the no reverse issue. I am having the same exact problem with my 99 ez go. I checked the switches and the switches appear to be good. It is exactly like you stated with yours with the cam. When i put it in Forward it goes forward. When I put it in Neutral it is in Neutral. When I put it in Reverse it still goes forward. Thanks for any help that can be supplied.
cam389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO