lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #21
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: auxillary battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablob View Post
Terry, why didn't you go the converter route
I didn't want to pull any power out of the pack to run the accessories.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #22
Glawrence@gt.rr.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am also looking to add an accessory 12 v battery and would like to mount the harbor freight battery tender on the cart. My question/problem is when reading the reviews on the charger almost all say that if you don't disconnect the charger from the battery when not charging it will run down the battery. Anyone experience this. I was planning on hard wiring straight to the battery without a disconnect. Any comments / suggestions?

Thanks
Glawrence@gt.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #23
Wstaram00
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have an optima deep cycle battery with the battery tender. Never had an issue of discharging. Think about it every HD. motorcycle has the same kind of battery charging connection they never have a problem with discharging. You will be fine win the charger on there

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Wstaram00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
fjatl
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Not sure about the CC but on my EZGO, there is room under the driver's side seat. I also mounted a Harbor Freight battery tender in that same location to keep it charged. I have the battery tender wired together with the 100v plug for my 48v onboard charger so they booth charge anytime the cart is plugged in. I'm running a group 24 deep cycle battery. I used a plastic marine type battery box/holddown to secure the battery. Has worked out really well for me.

Here's a shot of my setup before we mounted the body....

Terry - I'm new and learning, but really like the sound of your set up! In particular, I like the fact that everything charges with one plug in. Have you documented/diagramed your set up anywhere? I would love to see how you put all of that together.
fjatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #25
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjatl View Post
Terry - I'm new and learning, but really like the sound of your set up! In particular, I like the fact that everything charges with one plug in. Have you documented/diagramed your set up anywhere? I would love to see how you put all of that together.
No diagram but it's very simple. I used a 110v receptacle meant for the marine industry on the cart.

Marinco 110v Receptacle

I wried a 2 way 110v cord spliter directly to that receptacle so I can just plug in the chargers.

2 Way Extender 2 Way Extender

The setup has as worked perfectly for me. I mounted the Marino receptacle in the center of the panel under the front of the seat.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
kvl1027
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
No diagram but it's very simple. I used a 110v receptacle meant for the marine industry on the cart.

Marinco 110v Receptacle

I wried a 2 way 110v cord spliter directly to that receptacle so I can just plug in the chargers.

2 Way Extender

The setup has as worked perfectly for me. I mounted the Marino receptacle in the center of the panel under the front of the seat.

Hope that helps!
What model is your onboard 48v charger? I would like to do something like this, but I don't think there is enough room for an aux. battery on my precedent. Plus I need the bag well, because I actually play golf.
Great looking set-p, very clean and professional.
kvl1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #27
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvl1027 View Post
What model is your onboard 48v charger? I would like to do something like this, but I don't think there is enough room for an aux. battery on my precedent. Plus I need the bag well, because I actually play golf.
Great looking set-p, very clean and professional.
Thanks.

I was running the ProTech 48v but it died. I would not recommend it at all. Virtually everyone that I know of that had one has had trouble with them. I now have a Quick Charge 48v on board which has been great so far. Here is the thread ....

Quick Charge On Board Charger Install
Old 06-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #28
fjatl
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Marinco 110v Receptacle

2 Way Extender

Hope that helps!
Many thanks, Terry!
fjatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #29
Broke5011
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm using this werker AGM 35ah,deep cycle.It's the size of a lawn mower battery.

I have a tray that I made that fits between the motor and battery bucket in a 2007CC Precedent.

Plug the charger into here.Anderson style plugs ,I have these plugs on a lot of things that require 12volts.
Broke5011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #30
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I need some expert opinions. I have a 48V 2009 Precedent CC with upgraded motor. I'v been asked to join a golf cart parade this christmas, and that means christmas lights on the golf cart. I was considering the extra battery route, but it appears that this route would cost me around $300 at the end of the day with battery,charger,fusebox,wiring,batt box etc.

Since the plan is just to have lights for a xmas parade, my thoughts are maybe a converter would be the better route as I would only be using it for like a week around christmas time at the most. I would probably just remove the converter all together for the rest of the year. Please tell me what you all think.

I was considering the one below unless anyone has a suggestion for me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Conver...hash=item19d5a c9bc8"]this converter

Thanks in advance
bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car