lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Under glow

Wife is wanting under glow for the cart. I found a place online that had the million color LED for about $90, but am seeing some similar stuff for around half the price on eBay. Anyone have any luck with the eBay stuff? What do you use and where did you get yours?
wbwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
hanny
Getting Wild

Default Re: Under glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbwood View Post
Wife is wanting under glow for the cart. I found a place online that had the million color LED for about $90, but am seeing some similar stuff for around half the price on eBay. Anyone have any luck with the eBay stuff? What do you use and where did you get yours?
i have used a bunch of the ebay led stuff. cheap and works well!! ther wiring on them is tiny so need to be carefull when wiring it up
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

The eBay stuff works ok, but just be prepaired to wait for the SLOW boat from China to deliver them. I've installed several sets on friends motorcycles and boats (for interior lighting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanny View Post
the wiring on them is tiny so need to be carefull when wiring it up
Take some advice from someone that has been there, done that...

Plastic Wire Loom is your friend, and you can never have too many friends!

Wrap everything under the cart (and some that is not) in it to protect the fragile wires! Basically, if it even looks like there is a chance of something getting to the wire, loom it!!

I swear, the wires on last set I worked with on a friend's motorcycle broke just by looking at them!

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
wills250psd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Have you found any lights yet? I might put some under ours, but I am going to install an extra 12v batt to run the lights on. on 16v mine is very bright and a reducer cost more than I can get a batt. will
wills250psd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

I haven't gotten any yet. I will buy a 48v -12v reducer though. I will also end up with a fuse block. When we get a new body, we want to get the lights on it right. Plus we are also looking at putting in a radio. I don't want to have to charge a 12v independently. I don't know where I would put a another battery at. I guess I could move some around, but then I would need to rewire a couple because I'm not sure if they would reach each other if moved.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

Go to home depot and check out thir light ropes, that is what I would do.
Plasterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasterface View Post
Go to home depot and check out thir light ropes, that is what I would do.
The Home Depot lights that I have seen are 120 Volts and are usually regular mini light bulbs which wouldn't take the abuse of being mounted on a Golf Cart. To run those lights you would have to get the 48 Volt to 12 Volt reducer and then a 12 Volt to 120 Volt Transformer. That's an added expense along with an added power draw.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Plus they won't change colors, dance and etc.. The underglow ones I'm looking at are led..less heat, less work on the batteries.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post Re: Under glow

Note also… if you are going to operate on the streets, what is the local code for operation of under glow lights on vehicles (carts) operating on local roadways… Several people here in Virginia have been pulled over for having them on their LSV and a cart for it is illegal to have on vehicles (carts) that operate on local roadways.

I would assume camp grounds are good to go, until you get on the roadways...
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbwood View Post
The ones I bought from this company perform quite well.......

http://www.ledunderbody.com/
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car