lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Trying to help a friend

I'm trying to help a friend of a friend, which always winds up biting me in the rearend. I don't mind reading to learn but I have know idea where to start. This is an older car, I have no idea what year model because the plate is not legible. It has 4 solenoid behind the batteries and coils above that. We replaced the batteries with brand new ones and it still does not move. Any suggestions
Thanks in advance
gadawgsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Trying to halep a friend

Are any of the solenoids clicking with the key on?
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you sure it dosn,t have 5 solenoids? the furthest left one without the coil will be the master........lift rear up jump large post on that solenoid turn key on put in gear and press pedal if cart runs its eith that solenoid or the microswitch that activates it........switches are located in a silver box with red end caps mounted to frame rail by left front battery.......................depending on shape of things it might not be a bad idea to replace all 5 solenoids, and microswitches..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much for the responses, I will be home in a couple hours and check all of this and let you know the results
Old 07-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
gadawgsfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Trying to help a friend

It does have 5 ,not 4. Wanted to thank u for the help. I found the problem by accident while I was starting to do what was suggested. It was a wiring issue.
Thanks again
Old 07-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Trying to help a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawgsfan View Post
It does have 5 ,not 4. Wanted to thank u for the help. I found the problem by accident while I was starting to do what was suggested. It was a wiring issue.
Thanks again
you know i was going to suggest checking all wires for them and was just to lazy to hit the keys........glad you got it........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car