lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: OK I'm going to lose it on my new brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6111 View Post
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder? has to have air.http://www.autozone.com/autozone/vid...video=8TAJ1B5A
bingo......you also need to bleed master, bench bleed it and do it slowly........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini@avette View Post
You have to keep the bleeder closed. Pump the brakes open bleeder screw. When his foot goes down keep it down and tighten the bleeder screw. Do this a few times. If your doing it the way your doing it you don't get the air out.

This is what I was going to tell you to do.

CatTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #13
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

Ok on the bench bleeding, which i certainly didn't do

I have a plastic port in that a hose runs to from the thing that holds the fluid. I also have the opposite end of the master cylinder that I have a threaded screw that has a hole in it where a brake line runs off of. Do I need to just buy some plastic attachment for that end so I can attach another clear plastic line? I assume I would then put that line in the top of my reservoir and then slowly pump the cylinder? My biggest question about doing that is when I remove that plastic attachment to re install the main brake line thats attached to it, will I not just undo all that work? Meaning when I remove it there is one seriously big hole there wouldn't everything just come pouring straight out.

Or would it be better to remove the main brake line I have attached to it and just put it in the reservoir so I don't have to remove the thing off the master cylinder?

Sorry was just a tad confused after watching that video and trying to figure out the best way to do all this.
Jbc3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yes,you can run them back to the reservoir and push pedal VERY slow.Jack up the front and make sure that the mc is above the wheel cylinders and gravity bleed them. Make sure that you are not sucking air,it will not leak fluid but it will suck air in. Call who you bought them from and talk to them,maybe the mc is bad. Good luck
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Did you ever get the the brakes working?
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
hanny
Getting Wild

First make sure the MC is higher then the brake port your opening. simply fill the mc and let them gravity bleed,,,,, while the ports at the wheels are open and your gravity bleeding tap on any metal line with a small wrench and lift and pull the movable brake lines,,,,,, this will help the air get pushed thru
. if you let them bleed for 15 minutes and nothing comes out then you have an airlock usually in the mc itself.

couple of ways you can fix that. the easiest way is to take the lines off the cart (hopefully they are all flexible) and stick them in the MC reservoir while you slowly push the brake pedal in and out until no more bubbles show up then gravity bleed them and hook them back up to the brakes.
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Same on my carts, I have four wheel disk’s... the first install I was like others, going to revert back to drum, until I bleed the cylinder. There is a paper that comes with the kit, stating to be careful when removing this plug for it “could” allow air into the cylinder… it does… every time. First install I bleed the cylinder from under the cart for I didn’t want to remove what I had already installed, 20 minutes later I was bleeding the calipers and 10 minutes later we had a firm pedal and stopping on all four. Lesson learned. After the first time I did a few with bench bleeding, now I have gone back to bleeding once installed, it works better for me, I will use the neighbor kid to pump the pedal, pay kid $10.00 and everyone is happy.
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got a power or pressure bleeder from a friend 1st time and no problems since. Best thing since apple pie.

LURCH!!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car