lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Default Need simple key switch diagram

I have just installled a new alltrax 650. Got it working good tday but noticed the green light stays on. This is the series of events, I turn key on, press pedal, hear solenoid close and cart goes. Thats the way the old controller did., but it did not have a light, must of been powered all the time also. the 48v wire to #1 pin comes off the large post on solenoid which goes to batt(+). I built this cart, and wired it all so factory wiring diagrams will not help. i just need to know how i "should" wire key switch up with the pb-6 so my controller does not stay powered up always. Going to Arkansas to hunt tomorrow so will just install a toggle between controller and B+ for the weekend. thanks for any help.
la-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need simple key switch diagram

It may be as simple as moving your #1 terminal + wire to the + small post on the solenoid, if , that is the side of the solenoid activation current which is removed when the solenoid is deactivated.
Does that make sense?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

i looked at that but all this high voltage stuff makes me nervous..... dont want to fry anything. So i should check voltage on eitherside of solenoid's small posts,then turn key on, and if one of them powers up with 48v (+), just use that one. sounds simple enough. will try that in a.m. thx. By the way on my last post you were correct saying the controller was "hash", the 650 alltrax I got used locally is a Beast. Like a brand new cart.....
Old 11-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You do not want your controller or you solenoid on all the time they will wear out fast.

Find a switched source of 36 or 48 volts ( whichever it is) and bring it to control, Ideally you find the + side of the solenoid activation circuit and use it to power up the control and activate the solenoid ... when you press the gas peddle.

hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

I had 2 posts on back of key switch that put out 48v when key is turned on, one goes to PB-6 then to solenoid, the other was not used, so I ran a single wire from back of switch to #1-48v post. Works perfect now. Thx Cartmaster!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car