lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
FlaSeaDude
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Installing a Hour Meter/Fuel Gage in a Drive 2 Cart

I just purchased a 2021 Drive 2 EFI/QuietTech fleet cart. I would like to add the Yamaha hour meter/fuel gauge that comes standard on the PTV carts. I have the part number for the gauge (JC0-H351C-10-00) and am wondering what else is required for the gauge to work properly (i.e. wiring harness, etc.). From the diagrams on the Yamaha pages, it appears the electronic pump already includes a float for capturing the fuel level in the tank.

Any comments or insight will be greatly appreciated. I went to my local Yamaha cart dealer but they didn't seem too interested in answering my question. I'm still awaiting a call from their service technician...

Thanks!
FlaSeaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Installing a Hour Meter/Fuel Gage in a Drive 2 Cart

The harness in your dash should already have a plug for the meter. On the fuel pump, that might bite you in the a**, there are 2 available, one with a float, one without, with a nearly $100 price difference. I suggest taking out your pump module to see, or might be able to see by looking through gas filler hole.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
FlaSeaDude
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The harness in your dash should already have a plug for the meter. On the fuel pump, that might bite you in the a**, there are 2 available, one with a float, one without, with a nearly $100 price difference. I suggest taking out your pump module to see, or might be able to see by looking through gas filler hole.
Thanks for the reply. I will check the pump to determine if it is the type with a float. My greatest desire was to have the hour meter operational so I could track my usage. Can the hour meter still function without the fuel gauge working (in the event my fuel pump does not have the float)?

Thanks!
FlaSeaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes. I cant imagine why not.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:13 AM   #5
M2736185
Not Yet Wild

Any luck installing the meter?
M2736185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:58 PM   #6
dannyr1986
Not Yet Wild

following the thread to see how the install went
dannyr1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha