lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #31
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Default Re: Flooded cart , need a controller and what other parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
All I was trying to say is pull the motor and check. Don't assume it's ok from the outside. It may be, but you won't know until you look at it and test it. No one is saying don't rebuild it. I rebuilt a 2004 flooded CP and the only thing original is the chassis and rear end. Everything else was replaced new. I bought it for $250.
Mgray how did you get the seat vinyl to match the paint?
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2021, 05:25 PM   #32
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
Wow that came out great ! love the color ! What kind of paint did you use, automotive acrylic ? I just started spraying my own bodies myself with a HVLP sprayer

I hooked up with the member on here, and bought the motor/ controller with speed code 4, solenoid, and wiring for the motor to batts and controller, harness all for $350.00 off a 2019 Club Car Tempo !

I'm meeting him begging next weekend

I also bought the whole assembly back plate , tow switch, main harness, solenoid off a 2018 club precedent for $125 shipped

This is coming right along, I'm so happy I didn't bail on it, and with the help of others I'm getting it back together with all most new parts !
It's a new body. All DoubleTake stuff. Seats tops and all. I like that better than painting. I'm no painter, so I can buy the bodies as a dealer through them as cheap as I can pay someone to paint them.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #33
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Great deal on the used parts. That should help the financial side of it a ton! I never get that lucky with electric cart parts... though I did find a place local to me that builds lithium packs with BMS and everything. He quoted me $1200 for a 120aH pack. I may have to do that come spring!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:27 PM   #34
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Great deal on the used parts. That should help the financial side of it a ton! I never get that lucky with electric cart parts... though I did find a place local to me that builds lithium packs with BMS and everything. He quoted me $1200 for a 120aH pack. I may have to do that come spring!
Wow, that's cheap!!
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:20 PM   #35
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Update , Thanks to the forum member here Doug , I met him today and picked up the motor & Controller out of a 2020 Onward with Speed code 4, All new wiring for the motor, new solenoid , with speed code 4 for $350.00 !
I also received a whole harness including the charge port plug that goes from the controller upto the dash, The whole back assembly with the tow/run switch, harness, solenoid , everything else I needed for $125 shipped which just arrived. The harness was the complete harness that goes from the controller to the charge port, up to the dash including all the dash wiring.

I also just bought new 48V battery pack for $520 , so far I'm less than $2k and have everything I need to swap everything out just about new.

I'll be starting the swap out tomorrow of everything , and probably shoot the body with automotive paint this weekend.

Keeping my fingers crossed there's no hidden gremlins , as I have most of everything switched out to a 2019/2020 cart electronics and motor wise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210113_162124.jpg (117.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210113_162143.jpg (108.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210113_162241.jpg (122.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210113_162246.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210113_162347.jpg (103.0 KB, 0 views)
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:57 PM   #36
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You got some deals there for sure!
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #37
dseiglie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I bought a used Wiring Harness, Controller & Solenoid from Potter Motor Company for about $300. Bought a used Motor. Changed differential fluid. And cleaned/treated all corrosion. Good-to-Go 😉
dseiglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:21 PM   #38
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That's great news , I have the new motor / controller / used harness installed with new batteries charged up ready to go. Eeverything is working perfect.
Just waiting for the rear seat to come in this week, LED light kit , tires & rims, new windshield, seat covers and steering wheel all should be in this week. I have a few hours left and I'll post pics of the finished product :)
Old 01-24-2021, 07:30 PM   #39
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
That's great news , I have the new motor / controller / used harness installed with new batteries charged up ready to go. Eeverything is working perfect.
Just waiting for the rear seat to come in this week, LED light kit , tires & rims, new windshield, seat covers and steering wheel all should be in this week. I have a few hours left and I'll post pics of the finished product :)
Cool!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:20 PM   #40
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I forgot to post the finished pics here, but it's complete and up for sale all ready :)

New Batteries, changed the rear end fluid with 90w gear oil,
New motor/controller installed, changed the entire wiring harness out,
covered the seats with Alligator seat covers , added new rear seat, painted the body and roof, new windshield, led lights, steering wheel, new rims and tires,
it was a fun build,. thank you all for the help, I've enjoyed this build allot, It came out great !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car