lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2021, 12:02 AM   #1
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Default 2019 Drive2 - Grounds?

I installed a 12v outlet this weekend on our 2019 Drive2. While trying to develop a good installation plan I noticed that I have more resistance than I’d expect between the battery and the frame / engine. I was seeing 15-20 ohms between the battery negative and valve cover or frame. Because of this I decided to just go straight to the battery for my ground and used a vampire tap on the ignition switch wiring to trigger a relay on the positive side. Seems to work perfect, but I’m wondering if that much resistance is normal. Should I chase my grounds? (Where?) Is it a good idea to add a ground? I had some weird intermittent starting issues this past summer that went away after putting the throttle idle stop back to stock (Plowman setup had been installed). I was never really convinced the idle stop screw could prevent it from starting... but a marginal ground sure seems like it could. Thoughts?
brian_tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2019 Drive2 - Grounds?

Dont chase it. If you do, you might wish you hadnt, because it's not gonna gain you anything.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:24 PM   #3
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Haha - Thank you. Sounds like I’m best to just leave it alone. Works for me.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:41 PM   #4
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So what was your starting issue? I also am having starting issues after doing my upgrades. Did taking the throttle stop back to stock help it? Mine is extremely hard to start the first time each day but is fine the rest of the day.

Thanks.
villebacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:54 PM   #5
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by villebacker View Post
So what was your starting issue? I also am having starting issues after doing my upgrades. Did taking the throttle stop back to stock help it? Mine is extremely hard to start the first time each day but is fine the rest of the day.

Thanks.
Mine would randomly not start. It’d be warmed up running great, come to a stop, hit the gas and just turn over endlessly. I changed the idle stop back to stock and that seems to have solved it, though “why” makes no sense to me. Also it drives more like a golf cart and is easier on the engine mounts leaving the idle set screw in the stock position. It won’t change top speed or anything, just less engine braking.

You may want to look at the gas to make sure it’s not too old.

Also mine is taking a bit longer to start in lower temperatures. Usually takes a couple seconds until it warms up.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:31 PM   #6
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have to keep feathering throttle until it finally catches. I let it warm up several seconds in neutral and then put it in gear and drive to first hole. It runs fine after that first start but once it cools back down it is all to do over again. I will try adjusting it back. I really can't remember how much slack it had originally. I remember Don had me adjust all the slack out. Do you know how much to back off on the throttle body adjustment?
villebacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:14 AM   #7
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

I doubt it will change cold starting, but won’t hurt to change it back. Really just a matter of if you like that much engine braking. I just turned mine back guess/ check style until it would run nicely on / off throttle. I didn’t care for it before because it feels like you’re driving a manual in 1st gear - have to be crazy gentle on / off throttle to avoid bucking and stressing the engine mounts. Since the wife drives it some the closest to stock the better. Truthfully I think I only needed the secondary sheave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha