lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
tcb2020
Getting Wild

Default 1995 club car ds wont run

I have a 1995 48v club car ds that i cant seem to get to run. at first i couldnt get the solenoid to click and read that i could run a wire from b- on the controller to the small post on the solenoid that has the yellow wire from the obc. after doing that my solenoid now clicks but the cart won't run. when you hit the pedal it makes a whining noise like it wants to run but no movement. ive jumped the motor with 12v and confirmed that it was good. The potentiometer also has 0 ohms at rest and with pedal fully depressed it only goes to 2800 ohms. what could be causing that and do you think my potentiometer is the issue?
tcb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2021, 04:59 PM   #2
CYaunk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1995 club car ds wont run

I also have a 95 DS but mine will run, just very slow. I checked the potentiometer and mine ohms would only go to about 1740 so it is not working on the 5th & 6th step. I ordered a new potentiometer just today, sure hoping it makes mine at least go normal speed. I don't think your meter would keep yours from moving "at all", maybe go slower than its supposed to like mine is. I'm no expert but if yours makes a whining noise like it "wants" to run sounds like maybe gear linkage from motor to wheels is defective??? Good luck and hope you find out what it is.
CYaunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:58 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 club car ds wont run

What type "potentiometers" are y'all talking about?

The 48 volt carts in 1995 had 2 types (and different controllers) 0-5K and 5K-0.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car