lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Something I Have Noticed About BGW.com

John, in a lot of those cases that you refer to, the OP is either looking for a modern mod that is simply not available for that old of a cart, or asking how they can do something for an unreasonably low price.
In most cases it's going to cost you more time and or money to mod an older cart because you will have to make the parts or mod an existing part that was intended for a newer cart.
That's all it is. I like the old carts. My first one was a Yami G1. I almost wish I had some of the time and money that was spent on that back! Like Roady said, it's expirience.
And let's face it, an old Nova in nice shape will actually increase in value, a cart..............not so much.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Pocono Country Boy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Today's cars are better.
Uhh....maybe in some respects but just try working on one.

I'd sooner work on something you don't need a laptop to diagnose.

...just sayin' ;)
Pocono Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #13
yellowhorse7
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Theres nothing wrong with the Marathon, what happens a lot of time is someone digs one out, the frame rails are rusted, batt trays are rusted and need a motor.....yes, your better off finding a new one.
True. Which is why I am in the middle of doing a frame-off on my 89 Marathon. Mine was rusty everywhere. But that's the fun of it. Starting with something new and fresh is for people who prefer to write checks instead of build something with there hands. I see this everyday in my drag racing community. I'll have way too much money in my cart when I'm done especially considering it's intended use....to pull my race car, but it's mine. I'll eventually get rid of it and buy a Ranger or a Razor as that really fits my needs better but for now it'll be fine.

So the the original poster....keep the old school alive! I'm right there with ya
yellowhorse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono Country Boy View Post
Uhh....maybe in some respects but just try working on one.

I'd sooner work on something you don't need a laptop to diagnose.

...just sayin' ;)
I'm driving an 04 Ford E250 to death. I'm at 125,000. I'm on original plugs. I just changed the brake pads
2nd battery though Try that with the old cars. So who said anything about working on it.... Anyway they drive and stop a hell of a lot better, They are more comfortable ....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

yep you see tons of newer cars doing 300K + with little maintenance. electronic precision burn and balance.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #16
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Interesting sentiment Jon. I guess strictly speaking those "crush the old carts" people are correct. I now have a lot more in my cart (which I dragged out of the woods for free) than it is worth so I should have just invested the money in a running 90's cart. However I get a certain buzz from answering questions about what I did to get it running and as a result of doing it myself my sense of pride of ownership is out of proportion to the final product. Anyone is allowed to critique my cart but they are going to have to show me what they built first.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Anyone is allowed to critique my cart but they are going to have to show me what they built first.

Amen !!!!!!
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Dave, I would be happy to

A sense of accomplishment is what 75% of the inquiries on this site are aimed at
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #19
pick
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Something I Have Noticed About BGW.com

I like to look at it as recycling! Look at all the old carts that have been saved from the scrap pile. Anyway, I'd rather drive my 48 Chevy any day then drive a new Caddy! Wish it had airconditioning though.
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #20
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

To each, his own...but experience does mean a lot.

When I got my old cart for free I was gung-ho to drop a few grand into the thing. Thankfully, one of the wise sponsors here talked me down. He said, "You can throw a bunch of money at it, I'll take your money. But in the end, you still won't be happy." He was right. So I dumped some cash into, things it NEEDED. The rest of it I let trickle in. I took some time and learned about my cart and how she was abused. I will put more money into it. Someday, I will probably sell it at a "loss" but I can look back at that cart now and say for every dollar I put in, I got at least $1.25 of fun out of her. I am planning a General Lee makeover and lift kit for the spring. More money just lets me take that much more fun out of it.

Oh, of course I got the horn, it's only right.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO