lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Default charging receptacle sticking

Hi.

It has become difficult to insert and remove the charging plug on my G29s. Sometimes it takes a fair amount of wiggling to remove the plug. When the plug comes out the 2 little holes into which the pins in the charger go tend to come partially out as well. Thus far those little tubes have never come completely out and all I need to do is push them back in with my finger.

My questions are (1) do the receptacles wear out and need to be replaced? (2) is there a way to fix a receptacle so it will not do this anymore?

Thanks,

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: charging receptacle sticking

Shoot a little WD40 in the charge receptacle hole.

Not even kidding, it's a common problem with CCs and that is the method of choice of the pros to fix it . Simple and effective.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There should be plastic at the ends of the tubes that should never allow the contacts to move out at all. Replace that receptacle before the contacts accidentally touch each other and set the cart on fire. The charge wires are not protected by a fuse.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:42 AM   #4
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There should be plastic at the ends of the tubes that should never allow the contacts to move out at all. Replace that receptacle before the contacts accidentally touch each other and set the cart on fire. The charge wires are not protected by a fuse.
As usual cgtech chimes in with great advice. Thanks.

TJ
Old 05-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #5
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

It was recommended to me to use dielectric grease on mine. Smooth as could be now, was quite sticky when I first got it.
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:48 AM   #6
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

A new receptacle was laughably expensive. For a fraction of a single Yamaha receptacle I decided to buy a lot of 10 SB50s and replace the plugs and receptacles on all of my carts and chargers. I'll be sure to put dielectric grease on all of them. Thanks.

TJ
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha