lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
gragner66
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Gas fumes

Cart has a strong gas smell when running No visible leaks. I just replaced fuel lines and filters and gas cap. Other than the muffler is rusted pretty good. Could it be anything else
gragner66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Gas fumes

The first thing I would check is the oil level, if it's even slightly overfull, smell the dipstick to see if the oil smells like gas.
if so, your float needle valve in your carb is sticking open.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
gragner66
Getting Wild

Club Car

I know the oil is full I just changed it but the cart has sit for some time till I got it. I will check out the carb needle. Thnx for the info
Old 06-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
fishman296
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My '95 carryall II was running very rough when I could even get it to start. Could also smell fuel. Thought it was just the carb flooding.

Turns out the air vent at the top of the fuel tank made of rubber had deteriorated and was dropping pieces of dry-rotted rubber into the fuel tank and clogging the fuel pickup and fuel hoses.

I removed the fuel tank and when I turned it over to empty it of fuel gas started pouring out of the top where I discovered three holes, actually slits at the top edge of the tank.

The good news is that new fuel tanks are available even for a 1995 model.

The bad news is that the new tank was $277.

Installed the new tank and the engine will still not run. After 3 months of screwing with this thing, I finally threw in the towel and took it to a shop, where it still is.
fishman296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
gragner66
Getting Wild

Club Car

I might have trash in my tank gas cap was cracked. I replaced it. Looking for a carb for it now.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Stranger things have happened.

I had one of four fuel hose clips that broke at the carb nipple. I replaced it with one size larger clip. Fuel was able to just squueze by drop by drop by drop making it smell.

One of the fuel hoses, from the last fuel filter to the carb appeared fine outside, but was rotten inside and would intermittently drop particles into the float bowl, which clogged the fuel intake and made the engine die. Dang difficult to diagnose that one. The hose also had a tiny slit in it at the nipple that dripped a wee bit of fuel making it smell.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #7
gragner66
Getting Wild

Club Car

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a new carb and pump. I have new lines and filters. Other than that all I know is a new muffler. It's in pretty bad shape too. Not sure how long or if at all any parts have been replaced on it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car