lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #21
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2009 Yamaha drive front driver wheel clicking/popping

On an electric cart there really isnt anything to service. Rear end fluid is about all. No belts, filters, spark plugs, oil like on the gas models. Not like a gas cart where you have to worry if the previous owner ever change the oil, kept fresh and clean gas in the cart, and kept the air filter clean which is the biggest problem. If the governor position on the threaded rod is still about .75-1" from the end of the rod then you know the cart never went faster than the factory settings. The motor should be fine. Really nothing to maintain on it except for brushes. If the cart saw alot of offroad use then stuff like bearings, seals, etc will get more abuse and wear out but arent expensive to repair. Since you put all new batteries you dobt have to worry how the previous owner maintained them.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #22
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Brain freeze just realized after i posted that there is no governor rod on the electrics. Lol
Old 07-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #23
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

-Thank for alleviating some of my worry..
-I'm pretty sure the motor hasn't been taxed too hard because I maxed speed out at 12mph-13mph. I figured if the motor or gears have any issues I couldn't get it to that speed. Although I can hear the motor when I drive, it's just that electric sound.
-Is the brushes something I should try to tackle or leave that to the shop?
Bballtwenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #24
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I'm pretty sure there are some YouTube videos on how to check and change the brushes. Usually you change the brushes when the motor stops all together.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:30 PM   #25
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

*update*

-Today while tinkering with the cart i noticed there seemed to be a lot of silt around the floor mat and there were some signs that it was in water, so i pulled the clips and lifted the floor mat and boom silt everywhere.......................now everything is starting to add up and make since. The bearing going out, louder sounding electric motor (or i could be mistaking the sound for the back bearings as well.)
-The cart runs though.. But my intuition is telling me to get rid of it, in to forgo problems down the road. As of right now i have $2500 total with brand new batteries and a brand new charger. I planned on spending $1000-$1400 more on accessories. Maybe i should try to trade it in to a dealer and pay a little extra and get a cart i wouldn't have to worry about.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #26
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Just from washing the cart with a water hose the floor I between the rubber mat and the plastic subfloor with stay wet. Also the metal cover plate over the pedals will be wet and rusty. The tell take sign will be for you to remove the king pin that holds the spindle to the a arms. If the long king pin bolt is white with corrosion then it most likely has been in some water pretty deep or been driven a lot in water. A few years ago I vistited a ez go dealer that had lots of carts lined up outside the business along a curb which had a drainage ditch on the other side of it. You could look at the tires and see a water line where the drainage duty had once flooded and backed up into the dealerships parking lot. There was a perfect line of silt where the water level was and had dried on the tires. All the wheel bearings and the rear end no doubt would have been submerged for several hours. I jut feel bad for whoever the dealer pushed those carts too when they sold.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:06 PM   #27
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yeah I lifted the box that covers the brake and gas pedal. Silt and dirt everywhere. Most probably gonna just try to sell it and try not to loose any money...although it does run but needs all the bearings replaced
Old 07-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #28
dbmachine
Gone Wild

You shouldn't have any issues selling it in the 2500$ range. Hunting season is around the corner here in the south and the hunters buy the electric carts with the lift and tires quickliy
Old 07-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #29
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

*Update 2.0*

Here is a video of my cart making the sound from the front left wheel area..wheel bearing for sure?? Again it originally was only happening when I would make a sharp turn to the right, now it's gotten worse to making the noise if I barely turn. I haven't began to work on it yet. My thinking is I'm just going to purchase the whole hub kit because it will be easier for me to do at home. Watch the video and help me verify this issue. Again thanks for all the great help/suggestions thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-WssXBGqA
Old 07-07-2015, 03:55 PM   #30
dbmachine
Gone Wild

How about when you jack the cart up and spin the wheel? Any noises or only when the weight of the cart is moving on it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha