lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Speed code question

-I called to order a speed code for my 09 Yamaha drive, but I was unable to locate my carts serial number?? The sticker is not there!! Any other places to look for it to be stamped on the frame.
Bballtwenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Speed code question

Where did you look? It has been put in a few different spots on Drives. If you follow the rain tubes from the roof to the body, and continue that path under the seat area, you will find a square steel tube on each side (the rain tube is often ziptied to it to stop rattles), look on both sides of both tubes.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yeah I looked everywhere under the seat and on those bars for the sticker with no success....anywhere on the frame it would be printed
Old 07-24-2015, 03:57 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

None that i know of, except the serial number on the controller is linked to its original cart in Yamahas computer system (controller SN is not the same as cart SN, dealer wont be able to get cart SN from this tho). If you "politely" attack this with Yamaha in Georgia first, then use new found cart SN to get code maybe? A controller from the factory with PTV speed code has cart SN on it, a "slow" cart does not. Dont get too bossy, or you might get treated like an "outsider" (how do they know the deal is legitimate without cart SN, "inquiring lawyers/minds want to know"). Tread Lightly if you dont have a authorized Yamaha dealer that you bought it from to blame this discrepancy on. Or, just call the cops as if it was stolen, if you are buddy-buddy with those guys (a big heap of mess that you and they dont want to deal with, who knows, might even lose the cart). Nah, changed plans, just get a Alltrax XCT, and go 22-ish, with lots more power. Now that its available, who wants to go 19mph (on flats, not any hill) with only 260a anyway? There is a whole lawyer system involved with golf cart speeds and the voluntary ANSI rating system that keeps U.S. carts limited to 19mph to avoid lawsuits & making $ that is involved, thats why the dealer is not supposed to even do the "code" unless the PTV requirements are met (headlights, tail lights, turn signals, horn, brake lights, reflectors, blah blah blah). Its all in some contract. Thats federal crap, your local state/city may have even more junk for you to add (mirrors, seatbelt, ect). Look at the Ezgo 2five, and you will get the idea (it took for ever for any big manufacturer to touch anything over 19mph). This does not count the "high speed gears" a dealer may install, which technically makes the dealer into the "manufacturer" of that cart. Just like any time lawyers get involved, its a big mess
Old 07-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Man o man that is frustrating. You'd think Yamaha would stamp it somewhere on the frame instead of placing it on a sticker where someone could peel off..
Old 07-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #6
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So i contacted Yamaha and they were super nice, but they could not locate the serial number for the cart with the serial number from my controller... They told me its likely stamped somewhere on the cart.....
Old 07-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Thats nonsense, they wouldn't give you the serial. The original controller, and any Oem controllers installed later by a yamaha dealer are linked to the carts SN. These are all things that are listed on the PTV code sticker they mail the dealer on the PTV card for the cart that is retained by the dealer who ordered the cart or installed the PTV code. I have done way too many of those PTV codes, & warranty controller changes.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #8
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

-Yeah i'm thinking its nonsense too...I think i'm over the speed code update!!

-Since you recommended it i am now looking at just purchasing the 300 amp controller from Don. I do not need the 500 amp because i am just using it for neighborhood driving and everything is stock on the cart. Hoping with the controller i could get more torque and possibly go around 22mph. With the 300 amp controller would i notice more drain in my batteries?
Old 07-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

More torque, around 22mph, less speed loss on hils. If you always take-off full throttle you will drain faster, if you accelerate moderately wont drain any faster.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha