lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default softer ride for G29?

I have an 07 Drive and multiple back and neck surgeries. I sold my G19 which I loved for a smoking deal (I thought) on the Drive. Besides all the electrical issues, rattles and other things, it's rides five time worse than my G19. Is there anything out there to soften the ride?
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: softer ride for G29?

yeah a g22 is the smoothest ride going that i know of , i have the same reason for a cart back and neck cannot take the pounding of an atv. the one other thing you can do is add a lift kit and stick with 10" wheels and tires with 22 or 23 inch
to soften up the ride you can set the pressure to ride like a marshmallow. but then you have to deal with getting on and off the cart but that is minor if your not getting beat to death
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There are some serious new suspension parts coming soon for the drive. I am not free to discuss it since it is not a completed deal yet, but its currenly in testing @ the villages (US's unofficial golf cart proving ground).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #4
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Let us know CGTECH when they come out. I bet the Drive beats the crap out all the old folks in The Villages!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There are some serious new suspension parts coming soon for the drive. I am not free to discuss it since it is not a completed deal yet, but its currenly in testing @ the villages (US's unofficial golf cart proving ground).
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #5
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

Village people ride gushy tires with a lot of sidewall. I have seen where the a arm bolts get so tight or rusty over time that the barely flex at all. I would look into that. What tire pressure are you running?
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree that my Drive (2012) rides a bit rough. Other than that it is a great cart. I ride it mostly on the road to and from the golf course. (I like to walk the course when I play) It is set up with high speed gears and it easily does 25.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha